Breanne's Reviews > The Wedding

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

Jun 12, 2012

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from June 11 to 12, 2012

When do I not give a Nicholas Sparks novel five stars? Oh, that's right--Never! And with good reason.

Of course, I'm belittled (in only the good ways) for being such a hopeless romantic, as well as a Sparks lover (he was the man who made me fall in love with reading, and is the man who remains my favorite author).

I don't need to be married and have children to understand this book. As I was reading this, I found myself constantly looking towards my own parents, taking note of what was similar and what was different from the relationship of the characters in the book. From what I gathered--Nicholas Sparks hit the nail on the nose.

The love that Wilson feels for Jane is inspiring. I love how nothing in this book was sugarcoated. The feelings, the fighting, the love--it was all real and believable. They all had their own insecurities that they had to deal with, and it was just beautifully comprised.

I love how Noah played such a large part in the novel. As we all know, it was completely easy to fall in love with Noah in the Notebook--but in The Wedding, we see a different side of him. It was really nice.

I can honestly say that I found myself falling in love with Wilson (obviously) but I was also . . . surprised! I can usually call the shots of Sparks novels, but this one, wow! I had no idea! Wonderfully crafted, Nicholas, wonderfully crafted.

There was something that I found to be different with this book than all of his other ones. I don't want to say that it was missing something, because it wasn't. I guess what I mean is: this one didn't make me cry. Usually, I'm bawling my eyes out when I read his books, but this one didn't do that to me. I think because the topic, while extremely deep and emotive, didn't carry the type of weight(is that the word I'm looking for?) that his other novels do. I suppose that could have to do with the fluffyness that comes along with the whole wedding concept, but still. It was cute and romantic and made me absolutely giddy--but it just didn't make me cry.

With all of that being said, I love all of his work and I'm never disappointed with anything that I read by him. I am so confident that I will love everything he writes that I don't even need to consider buying his books--I just go out and buy them.

The story is beautiful, the word choice is beautiful, the characters are beautiful. What more could you ask for?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding.

Quotes Breanne Liked

Nicholas Sparks
“What it's like to be a parent: It's one of the hardest things you'll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.”

Nicholas Sparks
“What are we, after all, without our memories … without our dreams?”

Nicholas Sparks
“I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are there, in everything I am, in everything I've ever done, and looking back, I know that I should have told you know much you've always meant to me. ”

Nicholas Sparks
“Constellations shine with light that was emitted aeons ago, and I wait for something to come to me, words that a poet might use to illuminate life's mysteries. But there is nothing.”

Nicholas Sparks
“But love, I’ve come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I do. Love you, I mean.”
tags: love

Nicholas Sparks
“My first thoughts after waking are – and always have been – of you.”

06/11/2012 page 132
43.0% "It is so nice to be curling up (while I'm sick) and being comforted by the author that helped me fall in love with reading for the very first time."