Ficbot's Reviews > Before I Go To Sleep: A Novel

U_50x66
Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012, suspense
Read in March, 2012

This was a creative, engaging and suspenseful read. Thumbs up! A woman named Christine wakes up every morning beside a man she doesn't recognize, and a life she doesn't remember. As the story begins, she is introduced to Dr. Nash, who has been working with her and helping her keep a diary to piece together her life. She starts realizing that all is not as it seems with Ben, her husband, and that her safety may depend on remembering what she has forgotten...

The book hit all the right notes for me, great pacing, Christine's shadowy life well evoked and realistic. In some ways, characterization of the secondary characters suffers because we only see things through Christine's fragmented view but the creativity of the story mitigates that some and the twist ending satisfies.

A small number of typos in the Kindle edition I read (sentences not capitalized, a random dash or two) but nothing serious and not frequent enough that I bookmarked for correction. Overall, I give this book high marks. A great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Go To Sleep.