Noah's Reviews > Click: The Magic of Instant Connections

Click by Ori Brafman

Mar 24, 12

Read from March 17 to 24, 2012

I wanted to get a book out of the library, but I didn't have anything in particular in mind. I wandered around the shelves hoping that I would know it when I saw it. I was about to give up and then Click!

I love the experience of clicking. I've clicked with all of the people I've had serious relationships with. I tend to think of it in that context, so that was one thing that was interesting to me to learn about in this book--people clicking on a professional level.

Honestly all I wanted from the book when I picked it up was to read stories about other people clicking--I wanted to read something uplifting. So I was pleased that they also broke it down and identified ways in which we can help structure groups and interactions to help people click.

The other thing I liked, having recently read Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, was the chapter on high self-monitoring people. It was comforting to know that there was an explanation for why some people (compare to "connectors" in The Tipping Point) seem to be able to effortless connect with everyone--and that studies show they really are being genuine about it.

A quick read--definitely check it out. And if you want more stories of clicking, don't miss this one: Conventions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Click.