Rachel's Reviews > Everneath

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

7492020
Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: awful-endings, cruddy-main-character-s, okayish-books, paranormal, romantic-little-things
Read from March 17 to 21, 2012

Everneath is a twist on the mythology of Persephone and Hades. 17-year-old Nikki Beckett gave up on the love of her life, Jack, after she saw him with another girl. She wanted the pain to go away. This is why she begged for a mysterious guy Cole to take it away. But, of course this happened 100 years ago. ON the Surface only about 6 months passed, and she chose to come back, but she's only allowed to for 6 months until the shadows reclaim her. She needs to see Jack.
Cole lurks behind every corner, trying to convince Nikki to come back to the Everneath to become his queen. But, its only because she survived and stayed young, unlike the other people shadows Feed off of. But, Nikki is specail, although she doesn't know why. Her relationship with Jack is slowly forming back to what it used to be, but can they save it before the Shadows come back to reclaim her soul?
I thought this book was a nice, quick, easy read. It really puts you into a different view of what Hell or Heaven may actually be. I thought that Nikki madde a lot of irrational descions, and that Cole was a totally creep, even if he was hot, still. Jack was the sweetest thing ever. Plus he was a totally hottie. I mean really, what girl wouldn't want to date him. But I thought it was just too cute when he told Nikki what really happened the night she saw him with another girl, and it just made me cry for Jack and Nikki. They balance and tether each other. (That's my clue for what happens that makes me love Jack even more!!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everneath.