♥Rachel♥'s Reviews > Easy

Jun 04, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Read-along with Jenn
Read on May 26, 2012 — I own a copy

After reading this story, I had to ask myself, why have I never read a Tammara Webber story before?!! This story was UNPUTDOWNABLE!

Jacqueline Wallace followed her boyfriend of three years, Kennedy, to college and then unexpectedly, he dumps her to sow his wild oats. Jacqueline is devastated and for two-weeks she can't bring herself to face him in the economics class they share. She finally realizes that no guy is worth failing a class and trashing her GPA. So Jacqueline goes to the teacher and throws herself on his mercy, begging for a chance to catch up and pass the class. He connects her with the class tutor, Landon, and they begin emailing back and forth working on retrieving her grade. She starts to connect with Landon through the emails and wonders what he looks like. In class, Jacqueline notices another boy, Lucas. When he's not sketching in a notebook, she catches him staring at her, many times. Jacqueline never noticed Lucas before, but now he seems to be popping up everywhere. Now that she's not with Kennedy anymore, she can't help but see that he's gorgeous: clear gray-blue eyes, lean and muscled body, and bad-boy tattoos snaking up arms. Jacqueline doesn't know if she's ready for any relationship so soon after her break-up. Also, she's not sure if someone who is clearly just sketching and not listening in class is someone for her but she can't deny that she's attracted to him. Should she choose a guy who satisfies her body or her mind? Add to all of this, Jacqueline is getting very unwanted attention from Buck, a frat-mate of Kennedy, who suddenly after their break-up, is all about bullying and stalking Jacqueline! This guy is beyond creepy, and his type is the reason I carry pepper spray in my purse!

This story starts off with a bang! My heart was literally pounding in my chest from the opening scene! I won't say what happens but it was some start. As I said in the opening I could not put this book down. I read it in one day! I just loved everything about it. I liked that Jacqueline doesn't let the events in her life drag her down. She grieves over her break-up but then dusts herself off, and gets back to living. Her friend and roommate, Erin was the best sort of girlfriend. It's the type of relationship all us girls yearn to have, someone who is loyal and helps to empower us against what trips us up in life. It was a nice change from the usual "mean-girl" plot line in so many books now. Now let's get to Lucas, he is easily the knight-in-shining-armor of this book. He's so respectful, protective and just plain HOT! Some of the scenes in this book had me wiping off the steam gathering on my glasses many times! Let me tease you with a snippet:

"So I don't want to you to feel pressured. Or overpowered. But I do, absolutely, want to kiss you right now. Badly." He trailed his finger over my jaw and down my throat, and then into his lap. I stared at him. Finally comprehending that he was waiting for a response, I said, "Okay." ----As he leaned over me, I felt a heightened awareness of every part of my body that touched a part of his--the edge of his hip pressed to mine, his chest sliding against mine, his fingers tracing from wrists to forearms and then framing my face. He held me in place, lips near my ear. When he kissed the sensitive spot, my breath shuddered. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, moving his mouth to mine.

Oh.My.Goodness!!! That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the steam written in this story! There is so much more to this story than the romance but I don't want to give anything away. Stay away from spoilery reviews if you can. This story is best discovered by reading it yourself.

I highly recommend this story, just writing this review makes me want to read it all over again! I'm definitely reading anything else written by Tammara Webber.

You can find this review and more at The Readers Den

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

3.0% "Wow! That was some opening! My heart was literally pounding!" 17 comments
26.0% "Way to be a supportive mom. :(" 21 comments
05/26/2012
45.0% "If someone had asked, How does this compare to kissing Kennedy? I would have answered, "Who?"" 6 comments

Mary Rachel I'm really excited about this book we should put
It upon the poll for SM I think it's going to steam the house!

♥Rachel♥ Lol Mary! Steam the house, huh?! We should suggest it for SMC. :)

Mary I think so too Rach ;)

♥Rachel♥ I just put it on the suggestions. It doesn't come out until May 25th.

Mary Yayay... May 25th isn't a bad thing considering
How many more books we need to read ;)

♥Rachel♥ Seriously! I have enough books to last me into the next year without buying anything new!

Mary LMAO! I'm not that bad.. But I could do with 3 months straight
Read from my book library that are calling out my name!
Btw I finally got around to reading TMI

♥Rachel♥ You like? I haven't read the newest two. The one I left off at was supposed to be the end. I want to wait til she's completely done.

Brandie I just started this one today! So far so good!

♥Rachel♥ Oh Brandie, me and Jenn are starting this today. We can all compare notes! I'll look for your updates. :)

You doing anything fun this weekend besides reading, that is? I plan on doing a lot of that this weekend by the pool, yay!

message 11: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn I'm planning on liking this comment once I start the opening. lol

Sharlaine Wihooo!!! Hotness in here!!!

message 13: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Crud, I didn't comment on this. But I think I liked it. Wow. That was some "kiss". lol I LOVED that she thought what you posted. :o)

♥Rachel♥ Swoon!! ;)

Cindi I haven't read this one yet, but her Between the Lines series is great. She's such a great writer & so good at emotion.

♥Rachel♥ Oh Cindi this one was soooo good! I absolutely loved it and couldn't put it down. It start off with a bang too! I read it in one day. :)

I'm definitely going to try her other series. I think I have the first book on my kindle.

message 17: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn I keep seeing Between The Lines all over GR. Im it was good bc I've been curious and thinking of trying it out but wasn't sure.

This book was definitely good.

♥Rachel♥ What is your rating going to be Jenn?

message 19: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn I'm thinking 4.5.-5. I really liked it. :)

♥Rachel♥ Are you finished?

message 21: by Jenn (last edited May 27, 2012 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Yes. :) finished last night. I loved Lucas.(view spoiler)

♥Rachel♥ I couldn't stand (view spoiler)

message 23: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn (view spoiler)

message 24: by ♥Rachel♥ (last edited May 27, 2012 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♥Rachel♥ Seems to me (view spoiler)

I think I'm going to quickly read Try Me today. Bethany said it's only 7 chapters so it probably won't take long. Is it okay to delay our TMI reading even more? We have SMC's read that I'm going to start tonight.

message 25: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Lol yes it's fine. I'm not chomping at the bit to start. So I can hang a few more days ;)
(view spoiler)

message 26: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy oooohhhhhh, steamy cover! Going to have to get my hands on this one now :)

message 27: by ♥Rachel♥ (last edited May 27, 2012 05:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♥Rachel♥ @ Sam, this is so good! Even someone like you who doesn't usually gravitate to contemp romance should like this! I completely loved it.

@ Kristy, yes!! Get your hands on this one ASAP. I think you'll love it. It starts with a bang! Be careful not to read any spoilers! :)

Karen Glad you liked it. I can also recommend her other novels.

message 29: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy I will try to restrain myself! :D

♥Rachel♥ I meant starts and bang! Haha! That's what I get for typing on my phone! :)

message 31: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy I "love" auto-correct, we have a "fantastic" relationship!!!!!

♥Rachel♥ Lol Kristy!

♥Rachel♥ I know, Chanda! I absolutely feel in love with Lucas the story! I'm glad you ended up loving it too. It was funny so many of us picked it up at the same time. It was fun to gossip. :)

message 34: by Jenn (last edited May 27, 2012 07:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn @Yay Chanda. I'm glad you loved this.
@Karen- I'm totally down to try her other books. I'm seriously going to get Between the Lines tonight and probably start it...along with our club book. This means I have like 9 other books to put off again that I've start too. lol

message 35: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Hi Rachel, I actually tried to comment on the blog but it wouldn't let me...who knows...anyway I really enjoyed your review and now I am dying to know what the twist is and who she picks. It is awesome when you find a great self pubbed book! That was my exoerience with Cornerstone a couple of weeks ago. This is the second five star review I have read, so I am definitely going to check this out. Thanks for sharing. Sorry I couldn't leave this on the blog :(

♥Rachel♥ Heidi, this is so good!! I hope you read it soon! I'll have to look up your review for Cornerstone. I don't think I've heard about it. :)

♥Rachel♥ Thank you Sam1 Even if you're not a contemporary romance lover, this book is AMAZING! I loved it and I think it's been getting a lot of 5 star reviews all over the place. Hope you enjoy it if you do pick it up. :)

Christina Wow great review !!! You wrote this so well. Now I will have to read this book! It seems like there is alot of sexual tension...I love those kind of books.

♥Rachel♥ Thank you Christina! I think this is my favorite book of 2012 so far. You really need to read it. It's sooo good!! :)

Jasprit This is an amazing review Rachel! I put this on my wishlist as soon as I heard about it, but now I will definitely be buying it! Lucas sounds so swoon worthy! ;)

♥Rachel♥ Thank you Jasprit! This is a our type of book. I think this is my favorite of 2012 so far. I hope you read it soon.

Eunice Yay! I already commented on Jasprit's blog but I'm going to say this again, Lucas was just ASKFDJALFJALKJFLA!! LOL! Lovely review, Rachel. Loved that quote you included there. :))

♥Rachel♥ Oh thanks Eunice! Lucas is my new book boyfriend!! I've been on the lookout for your review! (no pressure!) ;)

message 44: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Valentine This one has such a gorgeous cover <3 I don't think I've heard that much about this book, but HEY, watch me add this to my Goodreads TBR pile now ;) Beautiful review, Rachel! :)

♥Rachel♥ Oh thank you Mimi! This one is sooo swoony and good I highly recommend it. It's my favorite book so far this year! :)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

this is your favorite book so far this year Rachel? i hadnt realized :) I'm going to read this soon. I have it, and I'm saving it for vacation.

♥Rachel♥ Yes, Kate, if it's not the number one then it's close. I hope I'm not building it up to much. There's more to this story than you realize, not just a fluffy read. Try not to read any spoilery reviews. :)

message 48: by Sara (last edited Jun 06, 2012 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Love your review! I was so shocked at how much I LOVED this book! I am a self proclaimed Anti_YA reader but this book SO wasn't YA at all! I am glad you didn't post any spoilers, I didn't in my review either everyone just needs to read it and see how great it is. I cannot believe how much this book made me blush! The scenes with J&L were so intense!

♥Rachel♥ Thank you Sara! I'm so glad you loved it as much as I did. This is one of those stories that a spoiler would really ruin the story. I loved finding out on my own. I LOVED the chemistry between J & L!!! Very steamy. I'm going to check out your review. :)

Hilda Absolutely BEAUTIFUL review, Rachel! You make me want to reread this book again! <3 OMG, Lucas! Love him to infinity LOL! x)

« previous 1 3