The Book's Reviews > Defender of Magic

Defender of Magic by S.A. Archer

Mar 17, 12

Read in March, 2012

I have been on pins and needles waiting for S. A. Archer and S. Ravynheart to release their next book in the Champion of the Sidhe series and finally it's here! I devoured this novella in one sitting and it left me very excited for more. If you haven't already read the first two books "End of the World" and "Champion of the Fey," I'd highly advise you to begin there, since "Defender of Magic" picks up where they left off.

Lugh, Champion of the Sidhe, continues his struggle to save his people. Now that the Mounds have collapsed, he desperately seeks any Sidhe survivors and has yet to encounter even one. Lugh has several different tasks to complete. One is to continue seeking out anyone who survived the Collapse. But the second and more important task is to try to find the plethora of artifacts that Danu, the All-Mother and Creatrix of the Mounds used in order to create a new Fey Realm.

Lugh has one tiny problem and it's not just that he doesn't know how all the artifacts are supposed to fit together. Time is not on his side; since the Fey were bound to the Mounds in order to live and recharge their magic, now that the Mounds have collapsed, the clock is ticking.

This story is rather heart-wrenching, but it continues to cement Lugh as one sexy hero. I couldn't help but feel my heart break for him as he travels with his trusty scribe looking for any sign of his people, trying not to give in to despair of an entire civilization perhaps ceasing to exist. We really get to see Lugh display a myriad of emotions in this book and that was one of the things that made me root for him even more. Lugh also befriends a rather reluctant ally that I have a feeling we'll see more of in the next several books. What a great way to start the weekend!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defender of Magic.