Nicholas's Reviews > The Escondido Theology: A Reformed Response to Two Kingdom Theology

The Escondido Theology by John M. Frame

Mar 17, 12

Read in March, 2012

If you are looking to understand what the definition of a "straw man" argument is, look no further than this book. I say this with the utmost respect, but Dr. Frame completely misunderstands those of whom he is critiquing. As a student who has studied and is studying directly under a few of these men under the scope of Dr. Frame's sniper rifle, I think that I am in a decent spot to say whether or not Frame's criticisms hit or miss the mark. They completely miss the mark, and misunderstanding (as well as some personal vendetta against these professors) has clouded his judgment and in fact has made him the worst person possible to assess the theology coming out of WSC.

I would recommend to all who do want to read this book to first read the books Dr. Frame critiques before reading his "book reviews" of those books. If you go into this book without first reading the sources of his critiques, you will undoubtedly be following a blind man who is out to lead the blind.

This book is not worth my time to review any further, for the same reason that it wasn't worth my time to read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Escondido Theology.