Andy's Reviews > V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta by Alan Moore

Mar 24, 07

bookshelves: comics-aka-graphic-novels, sci-fi-fantasy, gritty, violent, utopia-dystopia
Read in March, 2007

A huge disappointment. After the sheer greatness of Watchmen, and after finding the movie that was based on this book relatively enjoyable, I did not expect something so completely juvenile. Ridiculously heavy-handed with its message, ideas poorly presented, flat unbelievable characters and dialogue, like something made by a sullen black-eyeliner teenager. Good artwork and some suspenseful action sequences is all that saved this one from a one-star in my book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V for Vendetta.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matt (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matt Mazenauer I certainly am fine with you not liking it, but I had to point out the freakiness of our polarity: I hated Watchmen and was pleasantly surprised by V. The reason I hated Watchmen was because I thought it was far too straightforward, while V is more subtle. The characters in Watchmen were unbleievable to me, where I found V's characters rich and deep. Ironically, the one thing I didn't like about V? the horrible artwork and crap action sequences.

Just weird that we're practically point-for-point opposite on this... I wonder if you walk on the ground and breathe air?

--Matt, the water breathing ceiling walker.