Katy's Reviews > Secret Letters

Secret Letters by Leah Scheier

Mar 17, 12

Read in March, 2012

Not bad for a debut author. This book was very Sherlock Holmes like - with the exception that the main character is a girl, particularly his biological daughter.

I thought the story had a lot of potential. It was definitely interesting, and I liked how the mystery unraveled.

However, I felt there were parts that the book dragged - too bogged down with details. I understand that Sherlock Holmes was all about the details, but there were parts that I kind of lost interest. And I think I would have more interested if I had seen more of the scenes actually happening that the story being retold as they are contemplating about their clues.

I wasn't crazy about the end though. This book was about solving mysteries, and I was hoping to have some sort of conclusion, (view spoiler)

Also, I wanted to know more about our initial villain (I will not write his name because I do not want to spoil the book. (view spoiler)

Still not a bad book at all. Scheier definitely has potential, and I wonder what she has up her sleeves for future works.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secret Letters.