Karla (Reads and Thoughts)'s Reviews > The Vincent Boys

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

He reminded me of a fallen angel with the moonlight casting a glow on his sun kissed blond hair...

Breatheless. That is how this book totally left me.

Ashton, Sawyer and Beau [bow] were the best of friends while growing up. Ashton and Beau were the closest during those time being the two kids always held responsible for making pranks and causing chaos and havoc and Sawyer was left cleaning up the mess they made. As they grow up and hormones start to set things up their magnificent trio turned into a "perfect" couple and a third wheel.

Being in a relationship with the famous Sawyer Vincent wasn't that perfect for Ashton as everyone believes.Being the good girl isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Ashton has grown weary of playing the part to please her parents, and to be worthy of the town’s prince charming, Sawyer Vincent. Maybe That’s why she’s found herself spending time with Sawyer’s cousin, Beau, while he’s away for the summer camping with his family. Beau is nothing like her perfect boyfriend. He’s the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, dangerous in ways she’s only day dreamed about, and the one guy she should stay away from.

The story was written from 2 POV's - Ashton and Beau. I really enjoyed the alternating point of views cause we could really see and hear how the situations affects both of them.

Ashton struggled to keep her good girl persona while resisting the bad-boy Beau. At times, I honestly feel irritated with her at times. But as I continue hearing her side, I end up thinking that maybe even though she is really trying to be true to herself, it felt like she was just doing it for Beau. I never did see an attempt on her side to stand-up on her own and something like that. But despite those things, I might still like her. Now Beau, could we just talk about him forever?! Lol! His character was very honest not only to himself but also to the people around him. When he knew what he wanted to get, he wouldn't shy away from it. He has a depth more than other people gave him credit for. I'm really a great sucker for Bad-boy-type of guys. But who hasn't been into bad guys? Hah! So, I really felt a sof spot for him.

As I continue reading it, I saw that this is not the typical silly love triangle thing or anything near that. In all, it shows that even though people have a certain image about you, you still need to be true to yourself. It speaks to us that it is better to read between the lines and that everything is not what it always seem. Sometimes the "bad guy" in a situation is really not the bad guy at all, and sometimes the one person who has this perfect image bestowed upon him is just an illusion or front he makes.

Passion. This is what this book is all about. The relationship between the characters, the people, and the situations have some serious passion going on. It was such a rush and a dearly terrific ride. This is a pretty nice story about a girl who eagerly wants to be herself. A girl who loves a boy -despite of the complications presented- and finally realizes what she trully needs.

PS. I'm in search of my own Beau Vincent. Come join me at my quest! haha. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vincent Boys.