Elizabeth Noah Astle's Reviews > The Confession

The Confession by John Grisham

Mar 17, 12

Read in March, 2012

The story starts out with a pastor named Keith, who is visited by Travis. Travis who has a history with being on the wrong side of the law confesses to Keith that he killed a girl named Nicole. Donte Drumm was convicted in court of being the murder of Nicole.

This story takes you through Keith's thoughts on what to do about the confession, about Travis and his role in scheduled execution of Donte, and of Robbie, the attorney who represents Donte.

Robbie is fighting like crazy with the eleventh hour of the execution coming upon them. Travis is the key to it all but, will anyone believe a convicted sexual predator? Will the execution get a stay from the governor in Texas or will the appeals court agree to give a stay? Donte home town of Sloan is divided--the blacks say he is innocent and wrongly convicted, the whites say he is guilty as he confessed. Reeva, Nicole mother wants justice and wants to see that the monster who killed her baby is put to death.

Even though there is a legal aspect to this story, it is not like any of the other John Grisham books that I have read. This story I feel focus more on the others than on the legal parts. A story that I truly did enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Confession.