Bettie☯'s Reviews > Stonemouth

Stonemouth by Iain Banks
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stonemouth.

03/21/2012 page 1
0.0% "Stewart Gilmour returns home to Stonemouth after fleeing five years ago."
03/21/2012 page 2
1.0% "Stewart catches up with old friends, and a flashback recalls his childhood, when he first met Ellie Murston."
03/26/2012 page 3
1.0% "Teenage Stewart meets Ellie's grandfather and their relationship deepens."
03/26/2012 page 4
1.0% "Two seemingly harmless games in Stewart's past and present turn violent in the unforgiving town of Stonemouth."
03/26/2012 page 5
1.0% "Stewart has a threatening confrontation with Ellie's brothers, who still have not forgiven him for his crime of five years ago."
03/30/2012 page 6
2.0% "A man's homecoming takes a more lethal turn than anticipated. The reasons for Stewart fleeing Stonemouth five-years ago, and never returning, are finally revealed."
03/30/2012 page 7
2.0% "Stewart reveals a surprise visit in London by Grier Murston - Ellie's sister. Meanwhile in Stonemouth the two former lovers finally meet for the first time in five years."
03/30/2012 page 8
2.0% "Stewart and Ellie are spending more time together, ignoring the threats from her brothers, but tensions rise as everyone gathers for the funeral."
03/30/2012 page 10
3.0% "Stewart and Ellie enjoy a reunion with childhood friends on the beach, but then Ellie's brother turns up drunk."

Paul 'Pezski' Perry I'd almost missed this - jut catching up with last week on the iPlayer! What a pleasant surprise!

Bettie☯ Yay! He comes up with some amusing turns of phrase.

Paul 'Pezski' Perry I see you enjoyed Look to Windward. This took the position of my favourite of his books after that being Use of Weapons for some years, so I think you'll like the latter, too.

Bettie☯ Paul 'Pezski' wrote: "I see you enjoyed Look to Windward. This took the position of my favourite of his books after that being Use of Weapons for some years, so I think you'll like the latter, too."

Look to Winward was very exciting - not so keen on his mainline stuff however kind BBC lets us look at books early and that is all right by me!

Gerald I concur. Check out Transition though.

Bettie☯ Gerald wrote: "I concur. Check out Transition though."

will do!

Bettie☯ Thanks Neil, Veeral, Mimal
:O)

message 8: by Melki (new)

Melki Tennant was an ace choice though, dontcha fink!?

Tennant is my choice for just about everything.

Bettie☯