Saly's Reviews > Hard-Headed Texan

Hard-Headed Texan by Candace Camp

3192922
Rating 2.5
If I had to decribe this book I would call it dull, I mean there was nothing wrong with it but it wasn't terribly interesting. I really didn't find the hero or heroine interesting.

The heroine comes from a wealthy family but her height made her feel awkward & she got married to an abusive douche and it took her a while to leave him but she made a clean break, followed her dream to go to a vet school & now is part owner in a practice in a small town.

She meets the hero on a call, he runs a horse ranch and is a divorcee with a eighteen year old kid & a big family. He's a stoic kind of person & they start dating, she has no intention of letting it get serious or getting married & anyways the town gossip says that the hero still has a thing for his ex-wife who left him & his son when he was three.

I found the romance quite tepid & I was especially annoyed by the heroine's reaction at the end when the hero helped her out & she went all, I need to take care of myself and all that.

On to the brother Quinn's book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard-Headed Texan.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee Nice review Saly...Hope Quinn's book is better for you ☺

Saly Dee wrote: "Nice review Saly...Hope Quinn's book is better for you ☺"
Thanks, Dee it does seem better but maybe this author's writing isn't for me, it feels dry.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee I don't think I have ever read anything of her's to be honest so can't really recommend a good one. As you say try another one and if still not great then move on to another author :)