Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Howling for Sara

Howling for Sara by Beverly Rae

Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Sara Hutchinson has the hottest dreams, dreams of six sexy men, all focused on her pleasure and delight. When she wakes up, life is just so much less than her dreams. So, one day she packs up her car and just starts driving with no clear destination in mind. What she has no way of knowing is these are not normal dreams, but the call of her mates to come to them.

The Night Runners are six hot and sexy werewolves waiting for the one woman to ground them. Sara is that woman. Their alpha-female. The one woman to unite the pack. When Sara discovers what they are, however, she panics and runs from them, into the path of a rogue werebear. Victor is determined to have her for his own. The men have to forget the trouble from town and focus on finding their woman before she's hurt or killed by the bear. Can Michael and the others find her in time? Can they stop Victor from harming their mate? Can they bring Victor to justice for all the other harm he's caused to the town?

Beverly Rae does hot and steamy better than anyone I’ve read, and this book has plenty of heat to it. I liked the dream sequences. The men prepare Sara for the reality to come by giving her more love and passion than she's ever known. Ms. Rae has built a world filled with imagination and reality combined. A world where dreams can come to pass, and men become wolves and bears. Where a woman finds her true desires.

Sara has been dreaming of her men since she hit puberty. She's strong but lonely, with nothing to tie her to any one place. She's courageous enough to head off in search of her dream lovers, but suffers a moment of panic when she realizes these men, her mates, are more than mere men. When danger finds her, she is determined to fight to her last breath. I like her sarcasm and her will to fight for her life and return to her men.

The six Night Runner wolves are as close as brothers, and as different as men can be.

Michael is the leader, the Alpha, strong and able to take charge and get results. Max is the artist of the group. Nick is filled with nervous energy, and William, although the oldest, defers to Michael for the lead. Ranlon is the roughneck, the rancher of the group, and Jimmy, at twenty-one, is the youngster of the group. All six men are hotter than sin, and all of them want Sara to be their alpha-female, to help the pack grow and become so much more. I like each of these men, with their honesty and passion, and their desire to do whatever is needed to help Sara adjust. I like that they are willing to leave her alone when she asks, even though they want nothing but to be with her.

There is danger in this world, in the form of Victor, the rogue werebear. He's a threat to the pack, because he takes the one person they value above all else. This is the first of many stories in this world, with a woman in each Night Runner’s future, but I like that Sara will always be the alpha-female for them all.

I look forward to each new story, and hope the happy ever afters just keep coming. This is one for those who like their romance in multiples, and with a bit of danger on the side.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Howling for Sara.