Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction

Foretold by Carrie Ryan

I am fangirl, hear me roar.

No, really. I'm not kidding. Me, the one who likes to slap people who squeal too much. We all have our weaknesses which will turn us into a crazed fangirl. Dimitri Belikov is mine. Oh how I love that Russian.

I promise that I will read the Laini Taylor short story (and maybe check out a couple others), but it's no secret that the only reason I had to get my hands on this book was for the extra helping of my Dimka in the Richelle Mead short story.

Creative and insightful review be damned. Today it's all about the swoon. I'm allowed to be a girly girl every so often and care more about the guy than the story. At least just once in a while?

There was a story in here somewhere. I think they went to visit the family and there was a Strigoi hunt. Unfortunately for this review, my mind went right to the highlight reel of Dimitri.

Putting a six-foot-seven-inch man by the window in coach was just cruel. He hadn't complained the entire time, though. He never did.

Morning light illuminated the sculpted features of his face and shone off his sleek brown hair. None of it could compare to the radiance within him.

From the moment we'd met, he'd always stood out as one of the most decisive, confident people I'd known. He was always in motion, never afraid to take on any threat, even if it meant risking his own life. Even now, if some bloodthirsty monster sprang out of the cockpit, Dimitri would calmly jump up and battle it while armed only with the safety card in his seat pocket.

"I haven't even tried," he said, in a rare moment of arrogance. "When I want to, I can be very persuasive."
"Yeah? Prove it."
His lips moved toward mine. "I was hoping you'd say that."

Are you a fan of Richelle Mead? Come join the chat as we get ready for the release of the first VA movie : Blood Sisters! Richelle Mead Fan Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Foretold.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Abby Yes!! Love the VA series! Have you read Laini's novel Lips Touch Three Times?? It's my favourite (:

Stacia (the 2010 club) I've only read Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Taylor but I loved it. I had a couple of friends who enjoyed Lips Touch though. I'll have to check it out.

Aditi Stacia! I love the review haha! And please sign me up for the buddy read. You can have Dimitri, its Ivashkov my heart sings for!! *Dreamy*
And yes, Lips Touch is pretty awesome. I cheat on Richelle Mead once in a while by falling in love with other writers like Laini Taylor or Julie Kagawa (The Immortal Rules)

message 4: by AJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

AJ Great review Stacia. I fully understand and share your obsession with all things Dimitri! Look forward to reading this one.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Nice! It will probably be sometime in mid to late September, closer to the 20th. I'll let you know.

I love Adrian too. Heck, I love most of Mead's male characters because they're all so different. Seth from Georgina Kincaid is my second favorite after Dimitri.

Stacia (the 2010 club) AJ, I love it when someone else understands! My obsession is probably unhealthy, but he's forever cemented as one of my everlasting book men.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza Does the Laini Taylor story have to do with DoS&B? I am so eager to get more of that story but will def read it for Dimitri alone, I love him too!

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza Oh, and I am definitely in on the VA read! It been a couple years since I read that one!

Stacia (the 2010 club) Yay. :)

I don't think the Taylor story has to do with DoSaB but I don't know for sure.

message 10: by AJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

AJ Stacia ~ mistress of mediocrity wrote: "AJ, I love it when someone else understands! My obsession is probably unhealthy, but he's forever cemented as one of my everlasting book men."

No way it's unhealthy! That man is absolute perfection!

"If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.”

SWOOOOOOOOON!!!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I KNOW!

Forbidden love is the best.

message 12: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Aug 31, 2012 02:16AM) (new)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Loved your review, Stacia. Very fun.

message 14: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth I love love love Vampire Academy. Oh Dimka, it was total love at first read.

message 15: by Leea (new)

Leea I didn't know this was out... Thanks for the heads up and you're allowed to squeel every once in awhile.

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ i just loved Dimitri in this but i wish there was MORE romance!!

message 17: by Noémy (new) - added it

Noémy lol I won't lie. Rose and Dimitri's short story is the reason I bought this anthology (even though I love all of the authors featured in this book). Bought it on my kindle and immediately started reading 'Homecoming' ;D but i have to agree with the other commenters : I wish there had been more romance, more kissing more ANYTHING he he he

Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue) EEEK! I had forgotten this was coming out! Must. Acquire. Soon. For the Dimka and for the Laini Taylor story. But mostly for the Dimka. :D

Stacia (the 2010 club) Can't wait to see what you think of it, Jen. :)

About the 'more' romance, I wouldn't have minded a bit more to the implied lovin time for sure. :) I do like that Rose and Dimka do seem to be very healthy in their relationship now. It's nice to see that they are finally allowed to be dedicated to one another. For those who have read Homecoming, does that kid who got in the way with his wooden stake end up showing up again in Bloodlines? Because I don't remember seeing him but I might have glossed over if his character didn't impress me.

Mary Beth wrote: "I love love love Vampire Academy. Oh Dimka, it was total love at first read."

I love that he's portrayed as this strong, competent, fierce man who is also such a gentleman. He isn't the temper tantrum type of alpha but he can still kick ass.

message 20: by Kassandra (new) - added it

Kassandra So glad I just happened across your review. I didn't even know this was coming out!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) The anthologies are easy to miss.

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily I've never read VA but have been thinking about it, so put me on your "maybe" list for the buddy read.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Will do. I'll get in touch with you closer to the 20th.

Jane Ozera should this be read after i finish reading Vampire Academy series? i've just finished reading Blood Promise and in a roll of more Dimitri *___*

Stacia (the 2010 club) I would definitely wait to read it after finishing VA. I think it's fairly safe to read before starting Bloodlines though.