Mohammed Al-Garawi's Reviews > Hannibal

Hannibal by Thomas Harris

Aug 17, 12

Read from August 13 to 16, 2012

This wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, and I didn't have high expectations to begin with.

Somehow, this book disappointed me. I was really looking forward to read about this character that I loved in the first two books. The greatest villain of all time Dr. Hannibal the Cannibal. That, in a sense, was delivered in this book. You get to dive into Dr. Hannibal's mind and see the way he thinks and looks at things. How he plans and strikes. At some points of the story, you see a side of him we've never seen before. You see him as a vulnerable human being, and in other times as a super monster. I really liked that.

But my main problem was with everything other than that. The characters of this book, Except Dr. Lecter, were just flat and boring and one-dimensional. The main villain Mason Verger was in my opinion the stupidest villain of all time. He's just pathetic and disgusting and repulsive in a fucked up way. Unlike The Red Dragon and Buffalo Bill from the previous two books, Mason Verger is evil in nature. And not "Cool kickass badass evil". He's just sick and repulsive in a boring way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hannibal.