Saly's Reviews > Come to Me

Come to Me by Linda Winstead Jones

3192922
I really enjoyed this book mainly because I loved the heroine Lizzie, she was so refreshingly honest & had this tendency to blurt out whatever she was feeling. She had a huge crush on her cop father's former partner & when she meets him again eight years later, the first question she asks is, why didn't he attend the funeral.

The hero was a cop but now runs a PI business, a shooting made him change his career path & got him a divorce from a rather shallow wife. I honestly loved how Lizzie outright tells him he is well rid of his wife. The hero sees a grown up Lizzie in front of him, not so different than the teenage Lizzie who had a crush on him, her honesty is still the same & she asks him to find out if she has a half-sister, as her father's letters seem to indicate.

Sam knows about this already & has the information at hand and asks her to not disrupt her sister's life & Lizzie agrees though she badly wants a family. I really liked the path to their relationship and also the fact that Lizzie wasn't a masochist & despite loving him ends it since she knows he doesn't want marriage & kids while she does. I loved how she had this zest for life & this ability to not give up.

Of course her leaving makes the hero feel out of sorts & he figures things out. As far as the suspense element goes it wasn't centre-stage.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come to Me.