Andrea's Reviews > While It Lasts

While It Lasts by Abbi Glines

Aug 01, 12

bookshelves: adult-contemporary-romance
Read on July 24, 2012

While It Lasts...I don't even know what to say! I've been patiently waiting for this book since the moment I met Cage York in Because of Low. Even though the story didn't center around Cage, I couldn't help but want more. I mean, he was gorgeous, loved Low so much, but he was also a man-whore. [Sorry Cage, you know it's true.] In his moments with Low, though, a vulnerable side to Cage emerged, and I knew that given a chance, he would shine. Give us a reason to love him, other than the "to-die-for" sexiness. And he did. Cage is a boy who never got the love a child deserves, was never told that he was worthy of love. The only healthy relationship he's ever had was with Low. My heart broke for this beautiful boy who never knew that yes, he deserves love.

Eva Brooks is a girl undone. After the death of her life-long love Josh, Eva has closed herself off from the world. She refuses to move on, believing a life without Josh is impossible, and a betrayal. So when Cage York comes to work on her father's ranch, she is prepared to spend the summer ignoring him. But a man like Cage is impossible to ignore, especially when he spends his days half naked, working in the heat, sweaty... Still, Eva is determined not to let Cage get to her. And I really adored her. Eva can come across as prickly, but she's guarded. With the sort of loss she endured, you can hardly blame her. But she also has a latent passionate side, a side Cage can bring forward with a sexy line and smile.

I know that I've portrayed While It Last as a story full of emotion and depth, and it surely is. But it is also a FUN and SEXY story. Nobody can throw out a sexy innuendo like Cage York. That boy makes me melt. He's so sexy, so self-assured and so darn sweet when he wants to be that it's a good things he's fictional or I would be all over that, which would most likely displease my husband. And this BY FAR is THE STEAMIEST book Abbi Glines has delivered yet. Cage York may be in tamed, but he's still Cage. Cage is soooo not PG. And it was a brave decision for Glines to remain true to Cage. If she'd held back with the steam, it wouldn't have been the Cage we fell in love with. Just prepare yourself, ladies. Ice packs at the ready.

Once again, Abbi Glines has proven why she is one of my favorite authors. Her stories deliver such an emotional impact. I'm always laughing, melting, crying and I always end her books laughing while crying. Her characters never have easy road to their happily ever after, but she gets them there all the same. I'm always happy to be able to go along for the ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While It Lasts.

07/24/2012 page 1
0.33% "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!"