Ruth's Reviews > Of Moths and Butterflies

Of Moths and Butterflies by V.R. Christensen

Mar 16, 12

Read from March 15 to 16, 2012

If I could, I'd give this a 2.5 star rating. If you're a sucker for light historical fiction, you could do worse than this one.

Despite the criticisms I'm about to put forth, I really did enjoy this novel. Some aspects were very well-done. The pacing of the first half of the book is elegant and, up to a point, the development interesting. After the half-way point, however, the pace not only drags, but the plot takes a decided turn for the melodramatic. The story could very easily have been wrapped up in about two-hundred fewer pages with much less wailing, gnashing of teeth, and general hand-wringing.

Caveat: I probably never would have picked this one up if it hadn't been free for Kindle last week. It's not being in my preferred reading style no doubt had something to do with my lack of overall enjoyment.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Moths and Butterflies.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shannon Basically how I felt...around the middle I was like, Can you guys just freaking TALK to each other? Sheesh. But like you, I did enjoy it.

Ruth It did get a bit silly the last 1/4th of the book or so... but there's much worse tripe out there. :)