Cj W's Reviews > Dracula, My Love: The Secret Journals of Mina Harker

Mar 16, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, romance
Read in March, 2012

The famous Dracula!

This is the story of Mina Murray, who came to love Dracula under the circumstances that most women do, under extreme visual and physical imagination.

Mina is an orphan, never knew her parents. She is engaged to be married, but her fiance' stops writing to her, and when he does right to her, he is very distant and has a tone of general disinterest.
Well, when things such as this happen, it leaves women feeling very .... unappreciated, unloved, un-thought-about.
Which opens the door for said women to be wooed by other men whom, under normal circumstances, the women wouldn't give a second thought to.

It's the same old Dracula story, without feeling like the same old Dracula story, as far as his women are concerned.

It is a love story, a romance story, but you won't find it in the romance section of the library. ... at least, not in mine. In my library, it was in the horror section. I am not sure why, as, although it has some scary pieces to it, it's definitely not 'horrific'

Anyways, I really liked it.
I thought it was well written, it flowed well, it's climax is good, and the ending is slightly surprising. All good things!

Pick it up!

- CJ

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dracula, My Love.