Jessica (Goldenfurpro)'s Reviews > Allegiant

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

AFTER READING (EDIT)
Okay, I know I had another one of these earlier(as in a few months earlier), but I wrote that when I was really emotional so I'm back so that I can clarify some things!

The ending was not the only reason why I was so upset about this book.
Yes, I cried. And yes, it still makes me want to cry and while I believe I forgive Veronica Roth for the ending, I am still grieving. The reason as to way I am saying this is because I don't want to seem like someone who gets upset at a book because they didn't get a happy ending.
(view spoiler)
There were other reasons as to why I couldn't get into this book like the others in the series.
1. POV
You've probably heard this already (and probably know from experience), but Tris and Four sounded exactly the same! This took away a lot from the book for more because it made the narration dull and boring.

2.Nothing really happened (until the end)
Seriously, most of the book was the weird introduction to the experiment thing and Tris and Four fighting each other.

3.It was anti-climatic
After the ending to Insurgent, I was expecting a torn apart world on the outside, but I get a weird experiment that makes zero sense? And why isn't the outside more futuristic? It's been centuries, why are you guys using 21st century technology?

Anyway, I am STILL upset about the ending, but these are some of the things that really affecting how I felt about the book. (There were a few things I did like too! I'm not all I HATE EVERYTHING!)
If I loved everything in the book and then there was that ending, I would have still given the book a good rating due to the rest.
But since I was not a fan of the other parts...

AFTER READING
My emotions are all over the place right now, so I apologize if my "review" doesn't make any sense.
Let me say this: I found this book to be disappointing.
I am a huge fan of this series but this one just wasn't as strong as the others! (I don't know how else to explain it)
Don't even let me begin on that heartbreaking ending!!! (If you read the book, you know what i'm talking about)
This book also damages my view on the whole series! (view spoiler)
I know you must be wondering why this book has those 3 stars when I am bashing it, but I honestly don't know what to rate this book!
I absolutely LOVE this series, but this book...

I don't know if I'll ever recover from it.

BEFORE READING
EDITING!!!:
OH MY CHEESE!!!!!!

THE COVER IS HERE!!!!

Is it possible that this cover is awesomer than I pictured it?!?!?!?!(yes, i'm aware that awesomer is not a word, but IT SHOULD BE!!!)
*bows down to cover*

(But what is the symbol? It doesn't look like any of the symbols...)
Yay! More Edits!:
Apparently, the title is Allegiant...
al·le·giance
n.
1. Loyalty or the obligation of loyalty, as to a nation, sovereign, or cause. See Synonyms at fidelity.
2. The obligations of a vassal to a lord.

Well, thank you ,Goodreads, for tricking me multiple times into thinking that the title would be Convergent.
Well played, Goodreads, Well played...

OH LOOK!!ANOTHER EDIT!!:
It was Convergent!!!! For just a little while it was Convergent!!!
I'm onto you "Divergent #3"!!
I know what your true name will be!!

(haha! That rhymes! Kind of...)

TWO EDITS IN ONE DAY, MUST BE A RECORD:
Okay, okay, FIRST it was supposed to come out in April!
THEN it was supposed to come out in September!
NOW IT'S OCTOBER?!!!!!
*bursts into tears*

YES, I'M EDITING AGAIN:
OH MY CHEDDAR NUGGUTS!!!!!!
THERE'S A PLACEHOLDER NOW!!

Yet there's still no title...

ANOTHER ONE OF MY NUMEROUS EDITS:
This is fan-made but it's so awesome!!!!!! (I DID NOT MAKE THIS!!)

I hope the real cover will be this cool!! XD

EDIT NUMBER THREE:
September?!
SEPTEMBER?!!?!!!!!
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BOOKS COMING OUT IN APRIL?!
I CANNOT POSSIBLY WHAT UNTIL SEPTEMBER
OF NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cries*

ANOTHER EDIT:
Wait a minute, wait a minute
Why does it say 'Title Not Yet Announced'?!
It said CONVERGENT only an hour ago!!!!

EDIT:
The title is here!
CONVERGENT- 1.Coming closer together, esp. in characteristics or ideas.
2.Relating to convergence

Okay, It's an amazing title but it's not as good as 'Detergent' XD

Original "review":
WHY MUST ALL OF THE AMAZING BOOKS COME OUT AFTER THE WORLD ENDS?!
WHY?! WHY?! WHY?!
WHY MUST THE WORLD TORTURE US SO?!!
295 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Allegiant.

10/21/2013 marked as: currently-reading
10/21/2013 page 1
0.0% "IT'S MINE!!! IT'S ALL MINE!!!!
*maniacal laughter*" 2 comments
10/22/2013 page 543
99.0% "description" 1 comment
10/22/2013 marked as: read

message 1: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Omg u did this that is soooooo kool. :D

Robin  The Mockingjay Lives! love the fanmade cover!

message 3: by Krystel (new) - added it

Krystel awkward cause the world didnt end hahahaha

message 4: by Lennie (new) - added it

Lennie make that october actually :(

message 5: by Ellie (new) - added it

Ellie Jessica, think about it this way. She needs to make Convergent super super super super super super super super super...etc...good so we will love it!!!! If it comes out in April or September it might not be ready! Then you might not like it...as much... So look on the bright side (though I wish it was out NOW too! But still... :))

message 6: by Ellie (new) - added it

Ellie Also, love the cover. How did u do it?

Jessica (Goldenfurpro) Actually, it wasn't me who made it (I'm not that talented) I found it on Deviant Art XD

Jessica (Goldenfurpro) Ellie wrote: "Jessica, think about it this way. She needs to make Convergent super super super super super super super super super...etc...good so we will love it!!!! If it comes out in April or September it mig..."

Good point...
Sucks that we have to wait so long for the awesomeness though *sighs*

message 9: by Delaney (new) - added it

Delaney That's a pretty good cover. I wonder if it'll be anywhere close to that in real life...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

AWESOME COVER!!

message 11: by Caitlynn (new) - added it

Caitlynn Gillyard I love this cover, I love the title and I CANNOT wait for the release!!!!!!!!!!!

message 12: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla This is what the cover should be and I love divergent I am totally obsessed with it!!!!

message 13: by Piper (new) - added it

Piper Mclean The convergent picture looks pretty convincing to me, are you sure it's fan-made?

Erica (The Reading Kitten) Piper wrote: "The convergent picture looks pretty convincing to me, are you sure it's fan-made?"

Well, since the placeholder is orange, I guess the cover will be too, right? ;p

message 15: by Lennie (new) - added it

Lennie Ginny wrote: "http://d.gr-assets.com/books/13640794..."

ooooo pretty

Sophie cool review and i to am going chicken nuggets for book 3 (can't believe on October?!!!)*hiccup crying* (why.why.why.why) Y U NO OUT

message 17: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea Diaz Lol, now it's Allegiant. :/

Savannah Veronica Roth said in an interview that the symbol is explained in the book. As with the rest of the cover. Now I really can't wait to read this!

Shaune I totally agree with all the comments you wrote after reading it. I rated it 1 star. It was totally pointless!

Shaune It didn't make any sense! She didn't solve anything. I wasn't looking for happily ever ever but some closure would have been nice!

Shaune It's not even just the Tris thing. The fact that nothing was solved with the cities or Marcus. It would have almost been better if the city had been Reset!

Dannie Morin I'm right there with you. Straight up stages of grief happening over here.

Christina Moreland I absolutely agree. What a let down.

Rachel Sanders I KeepThinking She Will Say.... JuSt kidding. HerE Is The Real Book

Shaune She can say whatever she likes at this point I'm not listening. She ruined the whole trilogy with this book. I would have rather waited another year for it than to have had her rush this piece of garbage out! This book felt rushed to me

Celly You will not believe how tempted I am to click that spoiler!!! I am getting the book soon, any foreshadows that won't ruin my life?

message 27: by Jessica (Goldenfurpro) (last edited Oct 24, 2013 04:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica (Goldenfurpro) Just a bit of a warning: You will probably cry...

message 28: by Sumeet (new) - added it

Sumeet I agree! I don't know how I feel about this book. I love this series but I can't get over the ending of Allegiant! I'm disappointed with the ending and not at all satisfied! It will be hard to watch the movie when it comes out, knowing how everything ends. I don't like it when an amazing series has a disappointing and heartbreaking ending. :/

message 29: by G (new) - rated it 1 star

G There is so much wrong with this book, I didn't like it at all. I enjoyed the first two books and wished I stopped there. If you haven't wasted your money yet I wouldn't - definately not worth it. Poor poor poor, I read to escape and find an at least sort of happy ending, it was so badly done I didn't even finish it and I have never not finished a book before.

message 30: by Maggie (new)

Maggie i agree too i love the book series and the ending just really hit me i was so sad!!!

Krystal Cole @Rachel, yes! Please let this book be a bad joke! Spot on!

1love7even I seriously hate the ending. It didn't leave me feeling good at all. I feel like I've been robbed! I know that it's closer to reality... But when I read books, I'm trying to get away from reality. I'm seriously sad. My friends keep asking me how the book was... And all I can do is smh. I also gave it three stars. Not for the quality of the ending... But for shocking the hell out of me.

Shaune Maybe she could say that this was all part of The fear landscape Tobias took part in at the beginning of the book!

Melissa I feel the same way, I LOVE the series, but this book was... I don't even know how to describe it. I rated it five stars because I love the series, but this one was definitely a let down. I mean all of us have been waiting a long time it feels for this book and for it to just end like it did is really disappointing. I know life doesn't always have a happy ending but I feel after everything Tris and Tobias have been through they deserved one!

Christina Broome I'm glad its not just me that fells this way & I like Shaune's comment, that would be a way to redeem it. To me the book had the exact same pattern as Insurgent; same predictable battles and betrayals & the ending fell short. I really was expecting a happy ending.

Nicole I agree 100 percent with your review. I just totally don't even understand how I feel about this book, it was heartbreaking and so disappointing. It just doesn't leave you feeling good afterwards, and it was definitely not as powerful as the others. So sad how much of a disappointment it was.

message 37: by Soph (new) - rated it 5 stars

Soph Amen.

Stephanie Smith I completely agree with you!! I feel like the whole series was ruined because they never got to live their life together. I don't agree with her decision to sacrifice herself for her brother. I feel like Four meant nothing to her.

message 39: by Soph (new) - rated it 5 stars

Soph I want to read this SO bad, but I feel like I'm gonna be all depressed after I read it. It's obviously heartbreaking and devastating based on all these reviews, but I've waited FOREVER for this to come out. It's kinda weird, you know?

Christina Broome Yes, Stephanie, I felt like that the whole series was about her and Four bonding, and falling in love, and enduring together.. . Its not that she didn't love her brother, its just the story wasn't centered around her family relationships they were more or less in the background. So when she did sacrifice herself for her brother it wasn't powerful because I felt she had more with Four *remember* he was her family now. In fact it was so out of nowhere especially after he betrayed her to her death???? I understand that she loved him despite this & forgave him, & wanted to but I think it would've been much better had she done this for Four! I'm not saying I wanted it to end this way, its just that it would've played out better! What we got was undramitical and treated so trivally like she was a minor character. It was like "Ok, BOOM: she's dead. Now lets move on to the rest of the story". . . I wanted an ending where they lived and ended up together

Stephanie Smith Very insightful! I agree with tou on all of it. I definitely preferred the ending where they lived happily ever after.

message 42: by Soph (new) - rated it 5 stars

Soph I pretty much know the entire plot of Allegiant (thanks, Internet) and I haven't even read the book. Tris shouldn't have died, but I agree with Roth saying that it was a powerful death/ending. But I do think that Roth should make another Tobias short story on the epilogue of the book. There are just so many unanswered questions.

Sobia I just finished reading this and had the same problem, trying to figure out how to rate it!

Arlene THE WORST PART OF THIS BOOK IS THAT Veronica Roth DIDN'T EVEN GIVE FOUR A PICTURE OF TRIS!! HE HAS TO LIVE WITH THE FACT THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE TRIS AND HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A PICTURE OF HER AND IS SLOWLY FORGETTING HER FACE! HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL VERONICA ROTH!! Ugh!

message 45: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally I enjoyed your review and agree with much of what you said

Indya Clarke the book is sooooooo sad!!!

message 47: by Darlene (new) - added it

Darlene Groves It's amazing to me how many people have said the ending ruined the whole series. (I agree with that statement). That is really saying something. If the movie makers are smart, they will find a way to turn it around and make the fans happier.

Arlene Darlene I completely agree!

message 49: by Darlene (new) - added it

Darlene Groves There's a fanfiction called Determinate by Windchimed. It's a book in place of allegiant. She wrote it in the same way Veronica Roth wrote Divergent and Insurgent. It's very good!!! I don't feel sad anymore after reading it. It was a more logical conclusion, and it had a happy ending. Btw, there are 2 petitions online to ask lionsgate to change the ending to final allegiant movie. I encourage you to sign!!!