Karla's Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

5 HUGE STARS!! When I picked up this book I was hoping to get an angst-filled young adult romance, with a swoon-worthy dreamy boy, that would propel me back to my youth…make me feel young… and give me that floating on a cloud feeling. I got all that and SO MUCH MORE!!

I’m not going to delve in the plot, because there is much to be said about the element of surprise and the impact it holds. So much is better just left unsaid. However, I will say that this is a book about choices, the nasty and the sweet side of life, empowerment, and friendship. Jacqueline and Lucas are brought together for a reason…to save each other. When you know its right, grab on, hold on, reach out, be patient…“good things come to those who wait”.

Tammara Webber did a wonderful job depicting the college setting, and unfortunately, what can also be the sad reality of campus life. Just beware, there is delicate subject matter addressed in this book, and the picture painted isn’t always pretty, this is more than just a light YA romance.

As for Lucas, he was once a bad-boy, still had the bad boy “image”, was fierce and protective when need be, but he was also a sweet gentle soul *sigh*! He is the stuff YA romance novels are made of, every girl’s dream. Jacqueline was a little naïve, but with some nudging from her awesome, brazen, loyal roommate and friend Erin, she empowered herself with the knowledge and skills that allowed her to take a stand. Yes!!!

The story is well-written, compact, but complete. Initially I didn’t think that the length of the book would allow the story to develop properly, but it did and the epilogue finished it off nicely. It left me very satisfied. This is the fourth book that I’ve read from Tammara Webber and I look forward to seeing what this gifted author has in store for us. I highly recommend this read and the other books she has to offer.

“Choosing to be with you isn’t a difficult decision, Jacqueline,” he breathed, pulling back one final time to stare into my eyes. “It’s easy. Incredibly easy.”

LUCAS -Unusually clear gray-blue eyes, messy hair, wayward bangs, and a ghost of a smilelucas

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

Quotes Karla Liked

Tammara Webber
“Bonus: I now knew what Erin meant by lickable abs.”
Tammara Webber, Easy

Tammara Webber
“He stuck the pencil over his ear, looking unconvinced. "Mmm. What position would you be the most comfortable for you?"

I couldn't say aloud the answers that popped into my head at that question, but the flush that spread across my face like wildfire gave me away. He caught his lower lip in his teeth, and I was sure it was to contain a laugh. Most comfortable position? What about with my head stuck under a pillow?”
Tammara Webber, Easy

05/28/2012
2.0% "OMG...I don't even know your name yet, but you just beat the crap out of someone, your lip is pierced and I'm in love!! What else do have in store for me, you magnificent hottie?! Tattoos, more piercings...please!" 7 comments
12.0% "Lucas...*sigh*"
05/28/2012
19.0% "Good God he's got ink...and he dances...full on body contact!!! Yikes!!!" 10 comments
05/29/2012
30.0% "Christ! You are the master of the double entendre Lucas...I'm starting to squirm!" 2 comments
05/29/2012
39.0% "Who are you Lucas? What's going on? So much mystery surrounds you, let us in!
Erin girl, you are pretty damn special!" 3 comments
46.0% "Kennedy, you are a pompous conceited ASS!!" 10 comments
05/30/2012
80.0% "I am speechless...." 2 comments
05/30/2012
100.0% "Tammara Webber...you ROCK!"

Monique ~ Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance Bad boy and tattooed!!! Yum...I'm off to download;-)

Karla Monique wrote: "Bad boy and tattooed!!! Yum...I'm off to download;-)"

Pierced too!!

Monique ~ Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance Can it get any better??!!!...LOVE. IT....Look forward to your review;-)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Karla Tammie wrote: "I've had this on my maybe-list for a while. Your status updates are about to move it up to the top, LOL! I haven't read a great tattooed bad boy in while. Can't wait for your review. :-)"

I'll keep you posted!

Anne OK Looking forward to your review on this one, Karla! I've got this on my TBR list.

Karla AnneOK wrote: "Looking forward to your review on this one, Karla! I've got this on my TBR list."

Hopefully I can finish tonight when I get home Anne...knowing that you and I are usually of the same opinion, you will love this book!

Anne OK Well, THANKS SO MUCH for that glorious image of Lucas to hold me over until the full review arrives and I can read "Easy."

message 9: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited May 30, 2012 09:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) You've got me so excited to start this book. Squeeee. I look forward to your full review but it's perfect the way it is. I don't know what more you could say to get people excited to read this book. You've already said it and showed it! I love the picture you've posted. I now have the perfect visual to use while I read. Yaaay! You wrote a fantastic review already, Karla!

Monique ~ Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance Karla, you are a woman after my own heart....any more room left on that cloud or am I going to have to get one of my own?!!!!
I agree the review is perfect as it is....to me a review is all about how the book made you feel and and this has been beautifully depicted in the words you have already shared with us. Well done and.....nice picture!!!!!

message 11: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann DAMN -that's HAWT. Told ya...you're one of the duo queens of the hot pics. You all are killing me here - I just barely stared on Easy last night. Glad to know I won't be disappointed.

Anne OK Marvelous review, Karla! I can't wait to get started on this one.

Karla Kristen wrote: "You've got me so excited to start this book. Squeeee. I look forward to your full review but it's perfect the way it is. I don't know what more you could say to get people excited to read this book..."

Thanks Kristen! It was a fun book to read and I had a blast finding Lucas. Just a heads up (view spoiler). If you want more details before you read it, wait until after we chat on Saturday!

Karla Monique wrote: "Karla, you are a woman after my own heart....any more room left on that cloud or am I going to have to get one of my own?!!!!
I agree the review is perfect as it is....to me a review is all about ..."

Thanks Monique. I appreciate the kind words, I'm just going to add a bit more and then I just might read it again!

Karla Baba wrote: "Great review, Karla!"

Thanks Baba!

Karla Dorsey wrote: "Loved the review Karla!!"

Thanks Dorsey. I know YA is not your thing, but you might like this one. A little heat, but lost of passion and desire...and Lucas is a perfect gentleman!

Leslie Karla!! Great review and "day-um" on the dude pic! Whoa nelly!!

Karla Thanks Leslie...as for the pic...it's hard work, but somebody has to browse through all the hot men to find the perfect one. Wendy is the Goddess of Images, but once in great while, I hit upon something good!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Karla wrote: "Kristen wrote: "You've got me so excited to start this book. Squeeee. I look forward to your full review but it's perfect the way it is. I don't know what more you could say to get people excited t..."

Oh, thank you for that heads up, Karla. I'll go in prepared. I'm good. I'm so excited for this book.

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus I LOVE it Karla! Great work..

Karla Kellie wrote: "I LOVE it Karla! Great work.."

Thank you Kellie...I can't wait for you to read it!!

Melissa I'm so glad you LOVED it!!!!!

Karla Melissa wrote: "I'm so glad you LOVED it!!!!!"

I sure did Melissa, I kept reading my favorite parts when I had down time at work today. TW is amazing and the book held lots of surprises. Keep me posted on what she's got coming up next!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus You know I'm going to love it! Emo Kid, check. Tattoos Check Piercings Check = A WINNER!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Oh and YA. You know we share the love of a good YA book ^_^

Melissa Karla wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I'm so glad you LOVED it!!!!!"

I just had to share this! She actually posted it on her facebook page... this is who she thinks is Lucas. SWOOON!!!!!!!!!!

Karla Melissa wrote: "Karla wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I'm so glad you LOVED it!!!!!"

Thank you Melissa...he is PERFECT!! I had a hard time finding a more mature boy photo with a lip ring. I still love my Lucas, but TW did it better!

message 30: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Melissa - gorgeous pic, lip ring and all. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Melissa Ann wrote: "Melissa - gorgeous pic, lip ring and all. Thanks for sharing!!!!"

Karla wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Karla wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I'm so glad you LOVED it!!!!!"

YOU ARE WELCOME :) He's beyond gorgeous.

message 32: by Jill (new)

Jill Great review and pic, Karla! I keep hearing good things about this book.

✿Alyssa✿ Awesome review Karla! :)

Karla Jill wrote: "Great review and pic, Karla! I keep hearing good things about this book."

Thank you Jill. This is so much more than a angst-filled youthful romance. It's a book about healing, choices and growth.

Karla ♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Awesome review Karla! :)"

Thanks Alyssa!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Wonderful review and gorgeous pic, Karla! I'm starting this one. Really looking forward to it after reading your status updates, KarLyn's review and now yours.

Oh, my. That image that Melissa posted is gorgeous! So many gorgeous images of Lucas to choose from as I read this! Yeah! ^_^

Karla Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "Wonderful review and gorgeous pic, Karla! I'm starting this one. Really looking forward to it after reading your status updates, KarLyn's review and now yours.

Oh, my. That image that Melissa post..."

Thanks Jayne. All the Lucas pics *dreamy sigh*! I love everyone's images, but the author found the perfect one! This book is more than meets the eye, there is a lot of story here. Enjoy, I can't wait to see your review!!

Splage Great review! LOVE Lucas's pouty lips.

message 39: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Fantastic review dear friend! I've heard good things about this book and hope to read it soon.

Wendy Great review Karla! I'm going to give this a go too!

Karla Splage wrote: "Great review! LOVE Lucas's pouty lips."

Thanks Splage. I wish I could have found a pic with a lip ring, but oh well, I still think he's pretty close! He's definitely got kissable lips!

Karla KatLynne wrote: "Fantastic review dear friend! I've heard good things about this book and hope to read it soon."

It is KatLynne, but read the spoiler I left for Kristen. That being said...this is a very good book, more than a YA romance, it's more than the cover!

Karla Wendy wrote: "Great review Karla! I'm going to give this a go too!"

Thanks Wendy! I know you don't read YA, but this one worth a try!

message 44: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Karla wrote: "KatLynne wrote: "Fantastic review dear friend! I've heard good things about this book and hope to read it soon."

Thanks for the heads up Karla!

Sara  ~Sphunky~ Great review! I loved this one too.

Karla Sara ~Sphunky~ wrote: "Great review! I loved this one too."

Thanks Sara...TW wrote a great book!

message 47: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Great review, Karla. I love bad boys, tats and piercings. YA isn't really my thing, but this sounds pretty good. I love the picture, too!

Karla Kelly wrote: "Great review, Karla. I love bad boys, tats and piercings. YA isn't really my thing, but this sounds pretty good. I love the picture, too!"

Thanks Kelly. I know that you don't read YA, but I really appreciate that you stopped by and checked out my review. Lucas...yum!

message 49: by Lisa Kay (new) - added it

Lisa Kay Lovely review, Karla! **sigh**

Karla Lisa Kay wrote: "Lovely review, Karla! **sigh**"

Thank you Lisa Kay...yes, Lucas *sigh*!

« previous 1