Jenn's Reviews > Every You, Every Me

Every You, Every Me by David Levithan

Mar 16, 12

bookshelves: library-books, ya
Read on March 16, 2012

I liked this book an awful lot. It reminded me a bit of Please Ignore Vera Dietz, but that may have just been because of the dynamic & style. This book plays with form in a great way, using strike-throughs to highlight emphasize certain points, There are also photographs sprinkled through, an integral part of the story. I loved how much this book reminded me of high school & college, but how different it was from my experience - digital cameras & social networking pages really have changed the landscape. The difference between when my mom went to high school and when I went to high school is minuscule compared to when I went to high school and when my daughter will go to high school. But some things never change, like being a boy in love with your best friend, who is a girl who is dating someone else. Possessiveness & competitiveness & sadness & jealousy. Really lovely sad themes with lovely sad characters. As an adult I was very interested in the character of Jack, but I liked how inaccessible he was in this book, because he was so inaccessible to Evan.

Good book, sad book, glad I had the chance to read it all in one fell swoop.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every You, Every Me.