Maiann Good's Reviews > Pawn of Prophecy

Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings

U_50x66
Mar 16, 12

Read in March, 2012

This is a young adult book however, not nearly as sophisticated as Philip Pullman and his 'Dark Materials' series or Tolkein or even the Harry Potter books. I never did read the 'Twilight' books, but I've heard all about them and it only bolstered my desire to avoid them. That said, this book and it's series are still a compelling read even without the political and/or religious underpinnings that seem to reinforce the other young adult novels into some level of socio-political commentary. It is simply a good story with characters that evolve and shift in an organic kind of way as the story progresses. It is sweet and told well. Is this an *amazing* book? Not if one is above a certain age, I suspect. However, it is worth the read and a nice respite from the dark anger and violence and sex found in other books. It just leaves you with a satisfying feeling and you get oddly attached to the characters. It's one of those stories that when you are done, you feel a bit of melancholy as if you've had to move very far away from all your good friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pawn of Prophecy.