Shawna's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Jun 12, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy
Read in March, 2012

** spoiler alert ** When Tessa Gray arrives in England, she is greeted by the Dark Sisters. The Sisters train Tessa to Change, a process which she transforms into another person. The Dark sisters keep her imprisoned so that the Magister who runs a secret club called the Pandemonium Club, can claim her power. Luckily, Will Herondale, who she later learns is a Shadowhunter, saves her. She stops at nothing to find her brother. They identify the Magister as de Quincey. At one of his events, she finds her brother and de Quincey escapes. When Tessa's brother awakens, he tells the Shadowhunters lies about de Quincey's plans with the automatons and where he is hiding. The Shadowhunters go to take down de Quincey while Will and Jem stay at the Institute. Mortmain tricks them into leaving the Institute unguarded. This is when the real Magister, Mortmain, attacks, killing some of Tessa's friends. Tessa finds out that her brother has been working with Mortmain and betrayed her.

I read this book because the book cover caught my eye and someone recommended this book to me awhile ago and thought it was a great opportunity to take it out.

I finished this book because I wondered if Tessa would find her brother, what would happen with the Magister, and Jem and his illness.

I recommend this book to Pei Zhi because she enjoys reading fantasy books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.