Kai's Reviews > The Psychology of Wealth: Understanding Your Relationship with Money and Achieve Prosperity

The Psychology of Wealth by Charles Richards

U 50x66
Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 25 to July 07, 2012

The Psychology of Wealth discussed the background on how we define wealth and the circumstances of our economic collapse. Our uprising by our parents define us on how we see wealth. We see things that we are working toward within our means. But somewhere, we lost sight and become irresponsible. We based wealth on wants and not needs. We went beyond on what we could afford because we were looking at the future that everything is find and dandy.

The book also discussed that wealth doesn't always buy happiness. Happiness is doing something that one is happy with and wealth usually follows. Wealth is having friends and families not hoarding all the money to yourself. Wealth is having more money that one can used and then sharing with people/giving back to the communities.

I like the book since it describe step by step of what wealth is. But for readers who have the background in economics, finance or business, the concept is pretty much repetitive. One of the things I like about the book is that it offers references to get more information. It also list simple steps to do such as Chapter 4 on Self-Esteem. I'm pretty sure there are those of us that our parents and friends put us down believing we will never amount to much. That is a very good chapter to read and to encourage us to find more self-help references.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Psychology of Wealth.