Lisa's Reviews > Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The First Death

Anita  Blake, Vampire Hunter by Laurell K. Hamilton

Oct 18, 2008

liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: No one, I was curious...
Recommended for: Comic book fans
Read in October, 2008 , read count: Once

If you're going to invest in the comic books, which exceed this book in retail cost, don't bother getting this unless you simply want it for the companion info this book comes with, which I think is well done and helps a person pick up on everything if they're not already a fan of the series and author.

Not thinking anything of it initially, and in the long haul spending less between the comic book purchases on Ebay as well as this book which I also got on Ebay for $6, I'm sort of glad to have all of it...for now.

I'm not impressed with the art work at all, it could be a LOT better, I've seen better an drawings of the characters, but because I know the story I liked seeing it sort of play out in the comic book sense and I like having a hard cover collectible. With that said, if you don't want your personal visual of the characters ruined, don't bother with this.

Laurell has always stressed that Anita isn't very tall, but her character has aklways made up for it with brains and brassier balls than any man. If I were to choose someone to play her in a movie, there's only one person that comes to mind that could handle the physically demanding challenges of the character, as well as the emotional depth, and that is Angelina Jolie. Scoff if you must (I don't care if you like her as a person or not, that's your issue), she is the most exceptional female action star, and that is an immense credit to her as an actress, because she's very chameleonesque. There is not a stunt she's not willing to do, directors and producers often have to hold her back due to insurance purposes, but she's extremely committed and devoted to her projects, and that is exactly what you should want in anyone playing Anita Blake.

When this eventually does go to the big screen, it will be an immense loss to not have her star. When you read through this book or the comics, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter.