Grace's Reviews > Fire

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, ya-fantasy, 2012-all, 2012-new, library-brooklyn
Read from March 30 to April 04, 2012

2.5 stars, revised rating 5/16/12.

Better than Graceling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.

04/01/2012 page 65
04/04/2012 page 259
56.0% "I need to finish this so I can start on other things."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Beth Ooooh, care to elaborate?

Grace I can try? Haha. I found this one bothered me less than Graceling did, for whatever reason, even though I think the plot of Graceling was actually more interesting to me. THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE AT ALL, I KNOW. Possibly three stars is too high a rating.

Something about these books just doesn't do it for me. I'm hoping I enjoy Bitterblue because the premise of that one sounds like it might interest me.

Beth Maybe you liked Fire better? I liked Fire not at all and so I disliked the entire book. Also, the creepy prologue was completely wasted!

But yeah. I'm still reading Bitterblue, too.

Beth *Meaning Fire the character, not the novel.

kris These books disappointed me all over the place, even though on paper I should be all about them! Young adult fantasy novel with strong female protagonists!

But you said it perfectly: something about these books just doesn't do it for me, either. :\

Katie The creepy prologue was THE WORST.

I looooooooove the Fire romance (which I think I've probably said to all of you before), but, overall, I'm with everyone. These should be right up my alley, but they just don't click.

But I ended up putting Bitterblue on hold anyway, so we'll see.

Beth I kind of liked it? Sort of? I think she could have gone interesting places with it, but she copped out.

Katie I HATE CREEPY KIDS! Like, in general, I don't find that much scary, I don't think, but CREEPY KIDS FREAK ME OUT SOOOOOO MUCH. OR BABIES WHO TALK, LOOKING AT YOU, BREAKING DAWN. (Yes, this is what I choose to criticize Breaking Dawn for, haha.)