DeAnna's Reviews > Dancing at the Chance

Dancing at the Chance by DeAnna Cameron

Aug 10, 2016

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: my-boooks

I love all my book babies, so of course I think it's 5-star!
Yes, I'm the author and I hope you'll forgive my enthusiasm, but I am thrilled to share this story about a young vaudeville dancer with a sharp tongue, big dreams and a wardrobe full of quirky costume castoffs, and I hope you'll join her as she fights for her stage dreams, squares off with the notorious impresario Florenz Ziegfeld, and finally learns the meaning of true love.

Here's what some early readers have said:

“Old New York comes to vibrant life in this dazzling tale of follies and illusions. DANCING AT THE CHANCE serves up a racy, exuberant feast for the senses, with a lively and intrepid heroine determined to succeed in a fading world threatened by fast-paced, fickle modernity."
~C.W. Gortner, author of THE CONFESSIONS OF CATHERINE DE MEDICI

"In DANCING AT THE CHANCE, DeAnna Cameron breathes new life into the dusty corners of a New York vaudeville theater tottering on its last legs. A wonderfully nostalgic look at the rough and tumble world of a group of down-on-their-luck vaudevillians, filled with backstage gossip and quirky characters, a delightful heroine, with cameo appearances by Florenz Ziegfeld and early filmmaker Edwin S. Porter, that will delight readers looking for something a little off the beaten path."
~Elizabeth Kerri Mahon, author of SCANDALOUS WOMEN

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing at the Chance.

08/10 marked as: read