Svenja's Reviews > This Beautiful Life

This Beautiful Life by Helen Schulman

Mar 16, 12

bookshelves: other, 2012
Read from March 10 to 16, 2012, read count: 1

It was a really quick read and it was pretty well written and easy/flowing to read but i had the feeling there was something missing. At least for me personally.
This book is about a boy who forwards a sexual video of a girl who has a crusho on him to his friends and the video goes viral. The book deals with the aftermath and what it means to the family. It was a lot more about the parents though than the actual boy and girl and at one point i would have liked a bit more insight/feelings from other people. I did like that it was easy to see each characters point (even if it isn't your personal opinion) but in general i didn't relate a lot to anythingwhile reading this.
I also thought that the parents were a bit too depressed about the whole thing, they were this perfect family at first and i couldn't really see an incident like that destroying nearly everything they have. The characters were kind of 2-dimensional mainly because there was no character-development at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Beautiful Life.