moi's Reviews > Absolute Power

Absolute Power by David Baldacci

I was going to give this a total ***** but, it missed for some scenes.. Well... forget it. I just going to shoot to the main point here. No running around the bush..

This is my first Baldacci book and I LOVED IT. Period. The guy an amazing cover-up story I have read till date. I have not read much in thriller and suspense to be critical of this author. He just hit the right cords for me and I liked what he presented here. The plot was impressive. Writing, impressive! Just loved it all in all.. But then why not 5 star rating.. Well, I was disappointed here.

I was rooting for Luther Whitney! That guy just won me over with his love for his daughter. I there were many times I just wanted to slap some sense to his daughter Kate Whitney! She was being stubborn. C'mon give some slack for the man! It is not his fault that he loved his career of being burglar more. But, the man adored and doted on his daughter and she just cut him off from her life.

I have never actually cried while reading any book so far... and this book had me weeping like a kid! *shell-shocked* This was an intense read, roller-coaster ride of the year for me. The book was fast paced and well written. And the other guy I was rooting for was Jack Graham... Aaww! Do such guys really exist in this very political and selfish world. *sighs* I so much wanted Kate to get back to him. But, she was being stubborn again. Idiot!

I was crying when Kate betrayed her father to the cops. And does the man get pissed on her. No! He is instead worried abou t her well being. Now that is the love every father has for his little girl. And the way he was eager to meet his little girl even when he knew it was a trap... *sighs* These scenes had me in tears.. :(

Jack was just the sweet guy whom you would take home to meet the parents.. *grins* But, that guy was a very good attorney and good sense of humor for a lawyer.

Well, I expected an ultimate trial but... BOOM! (view spoiler) and I was actually shocked and I re-read that page again. I just could not believe it! Then The trail is gone! One by one people end up dying and I wanted to kick that Burton for such cold-blooded murders. Russel was one hell of woman. She got her dues in the end. She deserved what she got.

This is an amazing cover-up plot.... It was gripping and page turner for me. Looking forward for his other works...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Absolute Power.

04/11/2012 page 243
44.18% "impressive!!!!!!"
04/12/2012 page 374
68.0% "NO fucking SHIT!!! Kate I want to kick you. Luther, God!! Poor man. You won me over. Damn! I was crying over Kate's betrayal!"