D.T.'s Reviews > 61 Hours

61 Hours by Lee Child

Mar 16, 12

Read in March, 2012

This is the first Lee Child book I've picked up.

I generally enjoyed the book, particularly the beginning third. Reacher is on a bus that in avoiding a head on collision nearly skids off the road and he ends up stranded in a South Dakota town in the dead of winter. He gets involved with an ongoing court case involving a protected witness and a biker gang and the story develops from there.
I thought the beginning was very interesting, but the middle dragged a bit and was repetitive at times. The end is exciting and leaves the reader wondering what exactly happened.
I can't help feeling that if I had read some of the earlier work and got to know Reacher better, I might have enjoyed the book more. I thought Reacher was a neat character, but I didn't find him overly intriguing or that I cared that much about him. But he is virtuous and noble: A hero.
So, in short, I generally liked the book, not the best thing I've read by a longshot, but enough for me to give another Reacher book a try. Maybe I'll start with Killing Floor to really get into the character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 61 Hours.