Siew Ee's Reviews > The Adventures of Sally

The Adventures of Sally by P.G. Wodehouse

Mar 16, 12

Read in March, 2012

“Adventures of Sally” is a British humour classic, and Wodehouse did not fail to deliver. His clever use of prose adds not only humour, but a vibrancy to the story. Being so tuned to contemporary novels, I did not expect this book to hold my attention the way it did. I enjoyed it more than “A Damsel in Distress”, the only other Wodehouse book I’ve read. But even after only 2 books, I am starting to recognize the writer’s voice, his style being quite distinctive.

The story revolves around Sally, her relationship with her neighbours at the boarding house, but more so with her brother and in particular, three young men in her life. Although I was very happy with the ending, I had somehow hoped that (view spoiler).

All in all, this is a very charming book, a chick-lit romantic comedy set in the 1920s. Halfway into the book, I found myself downloading more free Wodehouse books because I am certainly not through with him!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Sally.