Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

May 26, 12

bookshelves: new-adult-college, contemporary-romance
Read in May, 2012

Love is not the absence of logic but logic examined and recalculated - heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart

This might be my favorite book of Webber's to date. There's something about the stories she writes which makes me throw out my preset ideas of what I wouldn't like in a book. She rearranges my reservations and makes me want to know more about her flawed characters.
"When I registered for econ, I had no idea that I'd be in for this level of reality-show drama. It's like a big fat bonus."

My love affair with drama books turned cold when drama started to morph from 'truly shocking' to 'nothing but drama for the sake of shock value.' I've been wary to even go near books which might end up invoking my wrath by trying to force me into fraudulent emotions. Even though there were a few 'tried and true' plot points that are guaranteed to bring out the screaming fangirls, I didn't feel bamboozled (you just can't stop my love for weird words) into going along for the ride.

So what does this make me? Have I turned into the OMG YOU HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK!!! eleven!11one!1!!!11agghhhh!!! type of fan? Hmm..maybe not exactly. But I'm not going to hide my admiration for a love story that did just so happen to make me feel a little bit warm and fuzzy inside. It was a sweet read. I would have fallen for Lucas myself if I was Jackie.

How could you not?
"What's wrong?" His hands gripped my elbows as I stared up at him. He was wearing drawstring pajama bottoms and a dark t-shirt, the sexy lines of his tattoos spilling from his sleeves to his wrists. He also wore thin, black-framed glasses that accentuated the blue in his eyes and his dark lashes.

Lucas was kind, protective, smart, artsy, and caring. Yes, he was the entire package. Maybe a bit too much at times. He could kick your assailant's ass, work several jobs, draw an incredible life rendering of you, cook you a fabulous dinner, and help you get your econ grade up, all before making your head swim at his lovin' skills. I had a few flashbacks of the hero from Extreme Exposure. I'm hardly complaining though. Lucas was the hotness, even if he was too good to be true.

Mild spoilers ahead but they really only tie to things you'll end up finding out pretty early on in the book, so I'd say it's okay to read them anyway.

Here's what I liked :

The email exchanges. They were fun.

The friendship banter. It was realistic. I know some people might be upset at one girl calling another a slut, or seeing two girls scheme how to catch a guy by acting 'interested, yet still indifferent' (yes that is a contradiction, but I understood it)...but this is how I would have acted with my friends when I was younger, so it was cute to me. If you're friends with me long enough, at some point you will be called a hooker. It is my term of endearment.

The emphasis on how rape is serious and needs to be reported so other people aren't hurt in the future.

The suggestion of therapy to a character who wasn't healed from a past hurt. Not all hurts go away. Long-term effects can haunt people their entire lives. I want to see serious issues being taken seriously, so this was something I appreciated.

Here's what I didn't like :

Secrets took too long to be revealed.

Lucas probably could have taken a more proactive role in getting Jackie into self defense classes or even talking to someone about what had happened.

Should you read this book?

If you'd like to read about a sweet and intense love story that just might make you feel a little giddy inside, I'd say definitely check this one out.
I was shocked, and a little embarrassed, but once glance at his face told me he savored my body's response, and his ability to trigger it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber excited to see your review :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) I hope it's good. A couple of other friends are reading it too and so far I'm only hearing positives. *cross fingers*

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ i love ur reviews....they always make me think...LOL! and now im adding this book to my list! tks!

Leea Now i'm just waiting for you to call me 'Hooker'

A girl can dream! Love the review, can't wait to read it!

message 7: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited May 26, 2012 08:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stacia (the 2010 club) Thanks both of you! This might be the first time in history where someone is saying that they wouldn't mind being called a hooker.

Leea, this is from the author who wrote BTL. I think I might like Lucas as much as Graham.

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Great review Stacia. You hit the nail on the head, though for me, I was really invested and it didn't seem an overly long time for me before Lucas spilled his past secrets. I was quite satisfied with that part.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I was having a bit of a Matty/Finn flashback with the (view spoiler) thing.

Joanna Omg! I like Lucas more than Graham now too. I like this book of Webber. :) when i was reading this i was like 'i wish i had a lucas back in college' hahah crazy!

Stacia (the 2010 club) You and me both! Brains and brawn...not a bad deal. :)

Joanna yeah! how hot is that. the Landon side of him is even sexy. geeky with bad boy vibe. who wouldn't want that? :)

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Great Review! It's already on my TBR but might have to bump it up.

I loved when you said If you're friends with me long enough, at some point you will be called a hooker. It is my term of endearment

As my friends and I use "Whore" and also call each other "Ugly", but again as you said.. Only friends can do that, anyone else oh it's on!

Stacia (the 2010 club) Thanks Sam and Kellie. :)

There's something about friends. If you know them well enough, it's okay to tease them in ways that you couldn't get away with in regard to other people.

Laraine Funny, I also had the same flashbacks about Matty/Finn and Lucas/Landon! :))

Stacia (the 2010 club) I definitely had a bit of a deja vu moment but it wasn't a bad thing this time.

Someone else had mentioned something the same thing, either to me or in their review. It might have been Isa.

Sophie His lovin' skills. I need to get me some of those.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Maybe there's a sign-up sheet somewhere.

Navdha I couldn't agree more on the feeling of warmth and fuzziness after reading this book!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I can always use a little warmth and fuzziness. :)

Vallsykes "Yep, what she said." LOL
Great review.

✌ Kaye ♡ Thank you for writing such a great review. Your reviews just come off complete. Says things that my brain jumbled up but you have it down seamlessly.

✌ Kaye ♡ Trick and Whore are terms of endearment with me so I understand Hooker. Lol

Stacia (the 2010 club) For a second I thought you wrote trick or whore and thought that it was a play on trick or treat!

Ronyell Awesome review Stacia!!! I just loved this book to death!!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) Thanks! I'll have to check yours out. :)

Ronyell Stacia (this space for rent) wrote: "Thanks! I'll have to check yours out. :)"

You're welcome! Thanks for liking my review! :D

message 29: by Nins (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nins Hey! Lucas' second match is on going. please vote for him. If he wins, we have a surprise from Tammara :) http://www.naalley.com/2013/07/match-...

Bunny Your review is one of the reasons I read this book. I completely agree with everything you've said about it. It was sweet. I love it, one of my new favourites. c:

Stacia (the 2010 club) I'm happy that you enjoyed it. :) It is a very sweet romance.

Bunny Don't get me wrong, I saw many reviews from others, but yours stuck out. It might be because its at the top of my list since we're friends, lol, but who knows, right? c;

Anyway, I think this book was amazing. I love that it touched base with some serious matters while also telling a pretty sweet love story. I had this book on my to-read this for about forfuckingever and your review finally made me cave and try it. I was so afraid it was going to be like every other romance novel I've read in the last couple of weeks and I was fortunately wrong.

Thanks for the awesome review! I'm keeping an eye out for your reviews from now on. :)