Michelle [Helen Geek]'s Reviews > Dragonfly in Amber

Mar 24, 12

bookshelves: nook-tbr, 4-5-stars
Read from March 15 to 24, 2012

Reading with Anna.
Okay, this is my third read of this book. The first time I read it, I would rate it 4.5 Stars. Hard to beat the Outlander. The second time I would rate it 4 Stars, only because it wasn't cutting edge anymore and others after were as good or better. I'm hoping this read will be much the same. It is a bridge read. I want to read book 3 and beyond but never got past the halfway point of 3, so, reading this one to get me through to the next ... Stay tuned.

Okay, I cheated a bit. After reading about 10 chapters, I realized/remembered what an emotional read this book truly is. I just couldn't do it a third time.

This is one of the best books I had read when I first devoured it when first published. It carries quite a bit of emotion and also a fair amount of history. May not be for everyone and you don't want to start reading unless you are committed to finishing it or allowing yourself the time to do the book justice.

I highly recommend, but not for the un-committed.

Happy Reading!
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonfly in Amber.

03/16/2012 "Okay, here I go. Got to be back into Claire and Jamie's world - trying to remember where the first one left off. I'm already a bit sad thinking about it ... Such a wonderful storyteller." 1 comment
10.0% "I'm remembering this way too much. I have my heart in my throat. Why can't love be simple for these two?" 3 comments
10.0% "Chapter 6 - I see Jamie again - like seeing an old friend. He is what I loved about these books. What a sweet, sweet man. Sitting here with tears in my eyes." 1 comment

Jill Enjoy Michelle! Just hope it doesna end up a 3 or 3.5 star read though...

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Hey Buddy! No rush. Tomorrow it is! Maybe chapters 1-5?

Michelle [Helen Geek] Perfect. Works for me. I'll try to do more over the weekend too. Looking forward to it really. Thanks for the buddy read. I think this will be fun!

Michelle [Helen Geek] Jill wrote: "Enjoy Michelle! Just hope it doesna end up a 3 or 3.5 star read though..."

Me too.. Stay tuned!

message 5: by Stevie (last edited Mar 31, 2012 07:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stevie This is still most very most favorite series and I have yet to read anything that moved me as much. Books 1-4 were just amazing to me. I finished the series and can't wait for 8, but nothing will ever compare to the first and then 2-4. Sometimes people astound me with what they can create.