Uli's Reviews > Take Me There

Take Me There by Carolee Dean

U_50x66
Mar 15, 12

Read in March, 2012

I liked this book. I did. I just didn't completely connect with it. I loved Dylan's character and Wade's. There just two guys trying to stay out of the tough life that they were raised into. THe love aspect really left me wanting something. The whole "romance" takes place within the span of about a week and honestly I didn't really feel it. It was really rushed and kind of random. If the author had let Dylan and Jess take the time to get to know eachother, the love aspect could have been good. Honestly, I thought the best part of the book was the relationship between Dylan's mom and dad. I'm not going to spoil it but let's just say that it gets good. One of the things that annoyed me about this book was the fact that almost the whole second half, Dylan spends figuring out a major incident in his life. And it seemed like every two pages he had a new answer then about 5 chapters later he finally came to the obvious one that somehow he had never thought of. The ending is what kept me from giving this book 4 stars. It was horribly DEPRESSING!!!!!!!! It was kind of inevitable but the kind of ending that made me want to curl up and cry about all the awful things in life. This book was ultimately realistic, (not much of a romance) and a pretty depressing story about a kid who's had a rough time and just wants to get out.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take Me There.