Kristin's Reviews > Unexpected Interruptions

Mar 16, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: quick-easy-entertaining-reads, contemporary-romance
Read from March 15 to 16, 2012

Overall, this was pretty entertaining. I was a bit put off by the label whoring. No one could just wear a sundress or a watch. It had to be this name brand watch or that name brand dress or these name brand shoes. Good Lord. Was all that really necessary? I get it - they're rich! Also, if I saw one more person say "brothuh" or "listen, girlfriend," my eyes were going to roll so far back in my head that they got stuck. There were some really stupid excuses for silly behavior - why did it take Ted two decades to divorce his scheming wife? Why was Victoria - a seemingly bright woman in all other areas of her life - not able to see past the bullshit of all of the scheming men around her? Especially since she had so many good friends around her who were telling her she was an idiot from the get go. But then again, that's life. More often than not, we see what we want to see until we're forced to see the truth. All in all, I enjoyed it and I'd be tempted to pick up another Hickman novel. Or at the very least, the sequel to this one just to see where Victoria goes from here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unexpected Interruptions.