Sue Squire's Reviews > Divergent

F 50x66
Mar 15, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read in March, 2012

Some how I got hooked into reading this Utopian society book. It seems to always take so long to establish the settings of the different societies that I feel like I'm creeping along at a snails pace trying to get the concept of this world. I understand why...it's just a long process to get to the good stuff. Roth does a great job describing the surroundings and I feel like I'm able to just be there as a bystander and see this story play out. Tris has a lot to absorb about her new society as she and her friends learn about the Dauntless and themselves. There are a lot of situations going on all the time. You get to learn about her life before, her family, her new life, her friends, her enemies, peers, relationships and leaders. Once Roth has the scene and characters set, she takes off in a non-stop, go-go, as-fast-as-you-can-read novel. I like the relationships and the character that Tris builds in this book. She has quite the dilemma being like everyone else in her world when she is different from everyone else. She has to decide who she can trust and how to adapt to her new world. When this book starts moving you can't stop reading and you can't read fast enough!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.