Jorge's Reviews > Blackest Night

Blackest Night by Geoff Johns

Mar 15, 2012

I really like Geoff Johns. I mean really really like him. DC Blackest Night was one of the most epic events to ever happen in the DC universe. Johns has this amazing way of just knowing how to write for each DC hero. He becomes The Flash when writing for the Flash he becomes Hal Jordan when he writes for Hal. In this hardcover trade you get issues 0-8 of the Blackest Night arc. An evil threats to over take the world and make it nothing but darkness by raising the dead. Not just any dead either. You have Superheros and villains that have passed away begin brought back by this Black rings and turning the deceased into Black Lanterns craving any type of emotion and taking on our heroes. Aquaman coming back as a Black Lantern and attacks the Queen of Atlantis his wife Mira. Weather you read Blackest Night when it was fresh and all the rave or you read it now it will still impact the way you read and enjoy comic books. Lastly, the drawings in this book fit so well with the way the story is portrayed in Johns writing.

"The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies.
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand, the dead shall rise!"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackest Night.