Anthony's Reviews > The Spook's Blood

The Spook's Blood by Joseph Delaney

Mar 15, 12

I can't see how many have read this to rate it..I HAVE read it because Joseph is a friend and he kindly allows me a manuscript. I promote his and many other authors in the NW. His books mean a lot to me as they are so local and so damn good too. If the film makes a difference then sometime soon we all will go ..now I read that and it is truly a real alternative to all things magically wizardly. His 'County' is even better than Hogwarts 'cos it is 'Warts and all' a truly spectacular reinvention of 'local legends' (Pendle Wichcraft),arcane stuff 'pagan rituals and demi-gods et all' and mythology of folklore 'Seventh Sons' and 'reversing mirrors'
Then you get the triumvarate of characters that blend and clash and try and join to alleviate the peril and add in the ultimate 'killing machine' Grimalkin, the 'Fiend' and the earthy darkness of our 'County'
The pure pace and goryness of this latest will blow your mind. Joe has really got his mojo now and his trips to suss out where to set the instalments obviously are meticulously done, I envisage Todmorden being like a mecca in the future for 'Spook-ologists'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spook's Blood.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Janika Please say Hi to Mr. Joseph Delaney for me... Im a big fan! and please tell him i would like to thank him for bringing tom and the others into my life :) ill be looking forward to the 11th book. hope i have it by now!

Tavaris Tell Mr.Delaney I love his books and I will keep reading them into adulthood.