Lisa Kay's Reviews > Saving CeeCee Honeycutt

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman

★★★★☆ (This is a review of the audiobook.) This was charmingly narrated by Jenna Lamia who convincingly sounds not only like an intelligent, forlorn little 12 year-old girl, but the many moods of CeeCee herself – worry, happiness, embarrassment, guilt, wonder, revenge, fear, grief, sadness, humor, forgiveness, and delight. Ms. Lamia performs the various accents, Northern and Southern, female and male, with distention and authenticity. There are some wonderful, touching scenes in this coming-of-age story and she delivers them nicely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.

Quotes Lisa Kay Liked

Beth Hoffman
“She looked up and smiled. “I’m glad you found some books that interest you. Would you like a glass of lemonade?”

Though I was hoping to thank her for the books and be on my way, I didn't want to seem rude. I nodded and set the stack of books on the counter. While Miz Goodpepper pulled a pitcher from the refrigerator, I asked, “Is the Kama Sutra a volcano?”

She gasped and splashed lemonade across the kitchen counter. The strangest look streaked across her face as she sopped up the mess with a wad of paper towels. “Well, I suppose some might think it's a volcano of sorts, but I can say with absolute assurance you wouldn't enjoy that book.”

“That's what I thought,” I said, feeling pleased with myself, so I put it back on the shelf.

She let out a barely audible sigh. “Good.”
Beth Hoffman, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy Love Jenna Lamia. She is the sole reason I chose this book.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Rhodes I loved this audiobook! Do you know of anymore that she narrates? I was so sad when it was over...

Cheryl D She narrated one of the leads in The Help as well as Looking for Me, by Beth Hoffman.