Richard Derus's Reviews > Skippy Dies

May 25, 2013

did not like it
bookshelves: pearl-ruled
Read in March, 2012

Rating: one bazillionth of one star out of five (p19)

Oh dear GAWD please please please send plagues of boils and masses of ingrown back hairs and painful rectal itch upon the next writer, editor, and publisher to think the adolescent Irish boys are worthy of ANY MORE ATTENTION!!

Enough already, no more, basta, and just F*CKING STOP IT!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skippy Dies.

11/10/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Stephen (new) - added it

Stephen Other than my "Irish" being up because you think we don't need any more attention, this is hilarious.

Richard Derus Stephen wrote: "Other than my "Irish" being up because you think we don't need any more attention, this is hilarious."

I'm glad my torment amuses you. I have bleached my fingers and rinsed my eyeballs twice since encountering this craptastic pile of....

And see? I'm now warning you off the books that I abhor as soon as I know I abhor them. No more Room debacles.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Oh no, I bought the audio version of this book on sale. Probably a reason as to why it was on sale.

Richard Derus Lisa wrote: "Oh no, I bought the audio version of this book on sale. Probably a reason as to why it was on sale."

I suspect most people will find it funny. I'm just up to my eyeballs with teenagers. I didn't like being one, I wasn't nuts about raising one, and I dread my grandchildren coming into that age cohort in...goddesses protect me how can it be...two years!

message 5: by Brittany B. (last edited Mar 15, 2012 10:20PM) (new)

Brittany B. You are moody today... :)

But I'm not crazy about teenagers either.

message 6: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy Too funny!

I was going to buy this, but maybe I'll borrow it from the library instead.

Richard Derus Oh goddesses Nancy! Must you read it at all? I think you're a nice person. I would hate to see you suffer the horripilation of pouring this caustic paste onto your innocent (enough for these purposes, anyway) eyes!

message 8: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy But our own Kemper and Stephanie gave it 5 stars!

Richard Derus *sigh* Crack. And meth. It's the only explanation.

IF you simply must, I encourage you to keep all sharp objects in inconvenient places, and make sure all sources of natural gas are off at the source, and bleach available only in dilute form.

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Sun Classic Richard. :)

Richard Derus I am nothing if not consistent.

message 12: by Margitte (last edited Nov 05, 2014 10:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margitte You are a meanie and hilarious at the same time in all your thought-provoking introspective moments, especially this one. Richard, Richard, Richard! Thanks for making my day a stand-up comedian laugh. You're the best! :-)) I just finished the book. I know my review won't impress you. **sigh** But I know you're nice enough to forgive me ;-)