Karen's Reviews > Once Burned

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

Jun 04, 13

bookshelves: urban-fantasy-romance, fantasy-erotic
Read from May 29 to June 01, 2013 — I own a copy

I was very excited for this book and felt it lacked in the great writing Jeaniene normally offers... split up in to two book, I did enjoy the attitude of Vlad which I expected.

But there seem to be to little connection between Leila and Vlad specially since she gave up her virginity to him.. I felt like the two book could have been one..

I enjoyed the book but it flowed slow compare to the night huntress books and also in comparison to the book on Mencheres.. It surprised me to find Kira and Mencheres now married so I wonder when , how and who was at the wedding.. a lot was left out for us to wonder about.. My opinion, this is one of my fav. authors but I am SO READY for CAT AND BONES to return.... Please make it good Jeaniene.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Burned.

06/04/2013 marked as: read

Jill Hello Karen

Karen Jill wrote: "Hello Karen
Hope you enjoy this one. Do you think I could read it without having read all of the cats and bones books??"

I don't adivse anyone to read these books unless you have read books 1-4 night huntress then the two night huntress world series and the last two 5&6 night huntress then this one. Because there are so many characters added in each book, you would really be missing out. I am reading Victorious Star right now it is GREAT I know you would love love it.... hot , exciting. and hot...

Jill I think i read that one and totally loved it. I am starting unholy ghost series at the moment, then I will move on to the night huntress series. I really want to read once burned. Thanks for the advice!!

Karen Jill wrote: "I think i read that one and totally loved it. I am starting unholy ghost series at the moment, then I will move on to the night huntress series. I really want to read once burned. Thanks for the ad..."

Yes I seen after I wrote I am reading Alien Embrace (Clans of Kalquor, #1) series now I am book 3 well four since I started out of order but i love each book so far, Started on alien slave and said wow lets have more of these guys... yumm...

Jill I just commented on your other post because I hadn't seen this reply. I am up to The eternal Kiss of Darkness , Merchesne and Kira's story. I love these books they really are great. Cat and Bones are the best though. Can't wait to read Vlads story . Ian and Vlad are my favourite secondary characters. Glad you are enjoying the Kalquor books I loved them. Alien Menage, what could be better? :)

message 6: by Catarina (new) - added it

Catarina F I wish I would have more time to read... They all seem so ... promising..

Karen I love the Alien Menage with the Kalqour most!!! I mean those guys are blessed double whammy!! I love them and wish Our earth guys were blessed like this... lol... if only..

message 8: by Catarina (new) - added it

Catarina F That's a big problem... They only exist in those books. That's why we read them so passionately.
But it's saddd....

Karen no i have them on kindle

message 10: by Catarina (new) - added it

Catarina F Lol... Correction then: "they only exist in those writings" :)

Karen I like your profile pic

message 12: by Catarina (new) - added it

Catarina F Thank you.I'd searched for something In drawing that would represent me while I'm reading. And then I'd found that perfect one ;)

Karen yeah i picked mine for same reason, i love vamps and love anime and it is sort of light hearted 'joking' really cause i love a vicous killer heavy weight book ith lots of hot sex and blood!! lol