Monica's Reviews > Wish You Well

Wish You Well by David Baldacci

Mar 15, 12

Read in March, 2012

It took me a while to get a grip on what time period this piece was in. Maybe if I knew my old cars better I would have figured it out in the first chapter. Oh well - after a while I got it.

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were compelling. I actually liked that the mean ornery guy didn’t have a change of heart – because it made it more real to me. My predictable mind was expecting it but when the book ended I was glad not everything ended rose colored. There was more heartache than I was prepared for – but I suppose that’s life too. This book takes you back in time to another life and I thought it was beautifully done. I kind of felt like it was dooms day at the end with everything falling down at once – but really liked how it finished. I was pleasantly surprised throughout this story, well it wasn’t all pleasantries, but that makes you appreciate it more. I loved the ending and was glad to see some happiness amongst the hardships. It’s nice to read a book that makes you appreciate what you have – and I thought Baldacci’s writing was flawless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish You Well.