Kirsty (overflowing library)'s Reviews > Fever

Jan 27, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: review-books, uk-author, ukya
Read from March 19 to 21, 2012

I found Fever to be completely addictive and if I could have read it in one sitting I would have done *shakes fist as full-time job and the need to sleep*. i was completely drawn in by the story, the characters and didn't want it to end.

I absolutely loved the two main characters. I really loved Eve and thought she was a brilliantly strong character. I loved that she was super clever and cool with it and I loved seeing her geek out about a whole variety of things. I enjoyed seeing her develop as a person as the story went on and she started to become more comfortable in who she was and the person she was had the potential to be.

Seth on the other hand was pure gorgeousness. I loved him for his grr rough gorgeous edge and I can't wait to see more of him.

What I thought this book did particularly well was the way in which is portrayed the relationship between Eve and her so called best-friend who later turns against her. The bitchy girliness that was portrayed was spot on as I know all too well how girl can be best friends and then suddenly awful to each other with a click of the fingers.

The time travelling element fascinated me in this book. I can't wait to see if it is explored more in the next instalment.

The only thing I have to complain about is I thought the romance between Seth and Eve was both forced and rushed. I would have liked to have seen a slower build up to them becoming a couple and then more of them together. I'm hoping book two will sort it for me long term.

All in all an excellent and compulsive read which has left me wanting more.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever.