Molli B.'s Reviews > A Pirate's Life for Me: Book Three

Mar 16, 12

bookshelves: m-m, novel, read-in-2012, part-of-a-series
Read on March 15, 2012

2.5 rounded up to 3.

Hmm, my feelings on this don't seem to be inline with the rest of Goodreads'. I guess that's okay.

Really... this was more of the same from Books One and Two, except much more abuse of the word "meat." I'm pretty sure some form of "meat" was used to describe all things involving sex. Being a chick, I don't really know what goes on in a guy's head or how they talk to each other in person, but it seemed gratuitous. And I still don't believe a guy is going to use the word "globe" to describe half of his ass. My husband agrees.

One thing that bothered me: more than halfway through this book, Lucas was still comparing everything and anything to a girl or being with one. I know that he's had this major life change and he's obviously going to think about that a lot, but the author really beat us over the head with it. We got it, I promise, and it didn't need to be brought up every other page. This actually did get better in the latter third of the book, which was good. At least, I think it got better....

And the reason I don't really know is that I checked out of the book with maybe 15% left. I'm not sure what happened, if it was just too long or if I lost interest after things got "better"... I'm not sure. I do know that (view spoiler). Or maybe the sex was annoying. Whatever it was, I mostly skimmed the last hundred pages (on my eReader, the book was ~750 total), just looking for interesting stuff to happen. And when the end came, I was sort of like... "Really? That's all?" It was a little disappointing.

Oh, and... (view spoiler).

Overall, I enjoyed the series and don't regret that I read it. I wish it had left me with a slightly stronger/most positive ending impression, but you can't win 'em all, I suppose!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Pirate's Life for Me.