Gail's Reviews > The Torah Codes

Mar 26, 12

did not like it
bookshelves: mystery-thriller
Read from March 23 to 26, 2012

Strange, weird, bizarre and eccentric. First of all, this fictional book is not based on the Jewish faith but is based on jewish myths and lineage. I did not like the main character Nathan, although he was comical in his bipolar sort of way. It is curious to me that by the end of the book that he is some how promoted as a good and righteous person, even though he's not. It is presented that the reason for this "goodness" is because of his acts of charity in providing safe water to drink for those who previously did not have it. Throughout the book it is shown that he has no moral compass and even scoffs and sneers at talk about God. I also thought the whole thing about his birth lineage was weird too{part Jewish and possibly part descendant of a pope}.The whole story about the pope was just too weird. Speaking of weird and bizaare, that ridiculous creature called Sophia, yuck. I really didnt like that character at all. She was acting like she was demonicly possessed but the characters in the story were acting like they didnt notice this. Nathans acts of "goodness" have no mention in being motivated by God and yet scripture plainly tells us that; Only God is truely good. But when you belong to God, His goodness permeates through those who love Him. Nathan definately did not have any love of God within him, so what motivated his acts of charity? The author never explains this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Torah Codes.