Keith Johnson's Reviews > RigMoves

RigMoves by Victor Gibson

Mar 15, 2012

bookshelves: won-in-giveaways
Read in March, 2012

A word of warning: the first 10 or so pages of this book are B-rutal, that's brutal with a capital B. However, if you can get through those first 10 pages, you will find a very enjoyable book. It starts off with details on mining operations and zzzz.... But then the book transforms into a sci-fi space adventure. It's set in a future unknown time when a strict religious regime has outlawed contact between the sexes unless properly authorized. The journey takes the mining team to the moons of Jupiter and beyond. I don't like to give details of books in my reviews, but I will say that if you like quirky, adventure-type sci-fi novels, you will probably enjoy this book. I'm glad I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway contest.

The author makes a note that publishing companies will not take a chance on him and publish his novels, so he self-publishes. I would recommend a publishing company taking a chance on him. He has a good imagination and an attention to detail. He has original ideas and could become a success given the chance. And just to be clear, I've never met Victor, nor I had I ever heard of him prior to winning this contest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read RigMoves.