Tara's Reviews > The Catastrophic History of You and Me

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

Mar 17, 2012

bookshelves: chuckles, made-me-cry, e-books-i-own
Read from March 15 to 17, 2012

This book was really good, and it wasn't what I expected!
I really thought it was going to be a fun, easy read with some laughs and some swoon. And it was to a certain extent. Brie, is dead, and her voice throughout the story is so easy to listen to. The first half is really like I thought it was going to be, nothing too deep (I mean she died and that, but it wasn't written in a sad way!), Brie is learning how to live 'on the other side' and basically be a ghost. She meets Patrick, with his Top Gun leather jacket and every kind of cheese related nickname for Brie that you could imagine. I was getting through the pages, having a good time with Brie and Patrick and then there was a slight shift, and I started to not like Brie for the way she was acting and the things she was saying and doing. And then, the last part of the story - I found it to be very different from the start. It got dark and deep and sad and heartbreaking and once again I was back on Brie's side, wanting her to get through this, to do what she needed to do. And so, it really was a well rounded story and I really liked it.
And, an extra bonus were the names of each of the chapters, they were all named after a song..and a lot of songs from the 80's. Woo Hoo - I am off to make a mixed tape!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Catastrophic History of You and Me.