Michelle's Reviews > Come Home

Come Home by Lisa Scottoline

Apr 07, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from March 26 to April 07, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I was fortunate enough to receive an advance copy of this book through Goodreads' First Reads. I say "fortunate" because I had never read anything by Lisa Scottoline before. Well, I will admit that yesterday I picked up another one of her books ("Save Me") because I enjoyed "Come Home" so much. I found that I was making time to slip in reading time even if it meant staying up a bit later than planned (I often fell asleep with the book in my hands, but can you blame me? I have a 3 month-old...). It quickly had me intrigued because I wanted to know if Jill's ex-husband was murdered or not. And if he was, why? To start off with an ex-stepdaughter at her doorstep with the belief that her father was murdered when nobody else thinks so had me wondering if there was foul play or was there going to be something about the girl being a head case? I kept getting ahead of myself and trying to guess who, what, where and why. Some things I figured out on my own, others I didn't. I liked the pace and I liked how things were revealed along the way. I also liked the whole aspect of whether or not you stop being a mother to stepchildren when a marriage is ended. The moral questions that popped up were interesting as well. What should a new spouse expect in that kind of situation? How far do you go to help someone? Lisa Scottoline has a nice easy way about her writing that sucks you in and brings you along for the ride. I definitely look forward to reading more from her!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Home.